Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

New Support and Reputation System

Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

New Support and Reputation System Empty New Support and Reputation System

Post by Adrian2040 Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:42 pm

Each member will have Support Points and Reputation Points.

Support Points are gained in the following ways:
    5 Points per Profile Message
    5 Points per Friend
    3 Points per day since Registration
    1 Point per Post
    1 Point per Topic made

Reputation Points work differently.

You can vote + or - for user posts. A + vote will get the user who made the post 1 Point. A - 1 vote will get take 1 Point from the user that made the post.

You can also press the Thanks button to a post in a topic you made. This will give the user who made the post 3 Points. However you can only do this to one poster for each of your topics.

To avoid the exploiting of this system, you only make 5 votes per day. (The Thanks Button can be used at any time.)

NOTE: You can't vote if you have a reputation less than 0.
    OniLink++
    Official Programmer
    Official Programmer

Male Posts : 76

New Support and Reputation System Empty Re: New Support and Reputation System

Post by OniLink++ Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 pm

Nice job! This should hopefully help to discourage negativity and encourage helping out. Worst case scenario is if someone troll votes, but the 5 votes per day should help with that.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Post by General Specific Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:56 pm

There won't be any troll voting here, of course—the limit is quite wise, and the system will be great when we get down to general approval of ideas.
    DJ-P0N3
    DJ-P0N3
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Post by DJ-P0N3 Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:05 pm

Ooh boy, I'm not so sure about this. Rep systems often seem to go south imo. People end up being more focused on getting the popular vote than trying to take risks or just concentrate on the topic at hand. Necessary disagreements are often avoided simply to protect one's rep points. Still though, I do see it being useful in particular circumstances. However, it's your forum so I'm not going to complain. Just my two cents.

One other thing I'd like to add is that I think people should be awarded points for performing tasks and not just for getting input for other users. For instance, if someone finishes a model or finishes a portion of the script or does some coding than they could be awarded contribution points. This way people who can't frequently post can still get recognition for their hard work. It might be difficult to balance, but it would also help keep people focused on actually developing the game.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Post by General Specific Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:15 pm

One suggestion I can make is that we get a badge system working. I know that we have pip badges in place—however, awards for big contributions to the team might be a solution to the issue of rep-over-competence.

—Arguably, though, the only solution is to find people who would be selfless enough, and lacking the petty attitude, to waste their time accumulating points for the sake of big-shiny.
    lunargoblin
    lunargoblin
    Normal User
    Normal User

Male Posts : 33

Post by lunargoblin Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:21 pm

I couldn't give two craps about the rep system. I'd never hold my opinion back if I thought an idea someone proposed would be detrimental to the development of the game, just to horde some rep points.

Have no fear, GenSpec! I will be that selfless warrior of Non-Petty Justice!
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Post by Adrian2040 Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:39 pm

I'm going to see if I can makes a better reputation system.

Also, we DO have badges. The problem is that they're set for normal users only.
    lunargoblin
    lunargoblin
    Normal User
    Normal User

Male Posts : 33

Post by lunargoblin Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:25 pm

Instead of an up or down vote, why not just up? That way if someone does something worthy of rep, they get it. But if you don't agree with someone or whatever, just don't vote for them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content