Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
WhiteBonne
Adrian2040
HBV-05-E Raiden
Edich
nikklament
9 posters

Capcom says Mega Man Legends 3 will never be made

nikklament
    nikklament
    Official Multitasking Developer
    Official Multitasking Developer

Male Posts : 47

mega - Capcom says Mega Man Legends 3 will never be made Empty Capcom says Mega Man Legends 3 will never be made

Post by nikklament Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:48 pm

Edich
    Edich
    Lead Writer
    Lead Writer

Male Posts : 420

mega - Capcom says Mega Man Legends 3 will never be made Empty Re: Capcom says Mega Man Legends 3 will never be made

Post by Edich Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:04 pm

Yeah, I saw this over at MMLS. It seems they're aware of the facebook and just general fan-movement as well. But hey, they still haven't been hit with the brunt part of the mail-in campaign yet. And I'm sure Legends Never Die isn't stopping there.

Maybe nothing will come of it in the end, but I believe the PR guy is going to wish he didn't speak so soon, at the very least.

Also, likes on the Facebook page went up since that Kotaku article as well. I guess any kind of publicity really is good publicity.
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 174

mega - Capcom says Mega Man Legends 3 will never be made Empty Re: Capcom says Mega Man Legends 3 will never be made

Post by HBV-05-E Raiden Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:30 pm

Welp, time to shift into OVERDRIVE.
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Post by Adrian2040 Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:54 am

Time to work harder on this project and on the side in the revival campaigns!
    WhiteBonne
    WhiteBonne
    Official Programmer
    Official Programmer

Post by WhiteBonne Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:43 am

Sad but true, I think now with Inafune gone Mega Man is going into to some dark years, and it'll probably take a huge problem with Capcom or a change of management somewhere before we get anything big from the blue bomber.

Depressing.
    Rockman Striker
    Rockman Striker
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Male Posts : 211

Post by Rockman Striker Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:17 pm

Anything we can do at the moment will be noted and leave some mark on people, this kind of article is good publicity, maybe Capcom will not change it's mind but we can make a Legend isn't?
    If they officially canned the game and then try to make us stop development (which I doubt) we have many reasons to continue. Heck, they even actually tell that WE were supposed to make the game!
    Nightgazer13
    Visitor
    Visitor

Post by Nightgazer13 Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:39 pm

As far as I'm concerned this group is the last best hope for this game. Once a game company decides on a course of action that's pretty much it.

So if they won't do it, the fans will.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Post by General Specific Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:51 pm

That's what they want, perhaps—there's too much internal politics that act as variables in this scenario, and we don't know what they are to begin with. They've given us nothing but straws to grasp here. I think we should just make this game and enjoy making it—I don't have the time anymore to worry about what Capcom does.
    Edich
    Edich
    Lead Writer
    Lead Writer

Male Posts : 420

Post by Edich Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:57 pm

Same here, Gen. Sometimes I check up on MMLS or TMMN, and sometimes I just randomly see stuff as I aimlessly browse. But I've really stopped caring about the deal with Capcom and all the mudslinging at this point.

I'm focused on this game foremost, and helping out the Legends Never Die thing as often as I can. Don't necessarily want to bother with keeping tabs on all the hype at the same time.
    Speculator
    Speculator
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Post by Speculator Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:51 am

Im just gonna put this here:

This is a quote from the interview with Seth Killian that I got from the 100 000 Strong page notes

S.K.: "And that’s something that we’re working very hard to do. Members within Capcom have been disappointed by this cancellation as much as the fans. Those of you familiar with GregaMan of Capcom Unity, you know that he is a huge Mega Man fan, especially the Legends series. So we know that this is a very big disappointment to the fans, inside and outside of Capcom. But we hope to establish a sense of trust again, and be mindful of how new ideas like the Dev Room could end up hurting our reputation in a worst case scenario. Capcom cherishes Mega Man and we know that he is a huge part of what makes this company."

Seth Killian definitely addresses the general sentiment of Capcom as a whole when he states that they find the Devroom to be of damaging magnitudes. Why do I say damaging? Think about it, if they had not announced the development of Megaman Legends 3 (of which I believe Inafune decided to do on his own) it would have ended up as simply another game that "was not meant to be" and instead thrown away to be forgotten and to be never revealed to the public like the games that Seth

"see[s] in early stages, either as a prototype or a concept. When it is decided that the game will be cancelled, it’s unfortunate to see it go because I [Seth] know that I would have loved to see it become more and others would enjoy it as well."

These are games that were in development within Capcom's walls and were never announced to the public, unlike Legends 3 was, before/ during development.

Stating this, having publicized the Devroom in conjunction to the production of Legends 3, creates a scenario that no other company has handled before: The development of a game for fans, made by both fans and developers. Capcom took a risk of being responsible for basically stating that the fans were going to help promote the development of the game with their feedback and participation <--- This was the general idea of running the Devroom.

But, alas, things did not work out for Capcom and they had to terminate MML3's development.

It is from the above quote that I have found, for the first time, an official representative of Capcom addressing the real issue at hand of the major consequence of running the Devroom: MML3 died in Capcom but not with its fans.

Capcom now sees us, the fans, as angry mobs trying to push for a game that they have already moved on from. The damaging effect that Capcom anticipated when running the Devroom was that they had publicized a game to establish a "personal," accesible link to the fans and was accounted for every disappointing decision made towards or against the development of the game.

But that is not the MAJOR consequence,

The main problem that Capcom is facing now, is that they have lost reputation from the fans of the Capcom franchise as we fans of MML have called out to the Capcom fan community about Capcom's betrayal of not carrying out a promise, after being led to believe a game was "going to be" and, instead, learned that our beloved Trigger has been condemned to be perpetually stuck on the moon. And since another Megaman game was canceled, it gave Capcom a more difficult position to win back its appeal.

On top of that, our movement, "Get Me Off the Moon," is independently organizing for the re-development of Legends 3. Capcom has no say on our behalf. This is all us and I congratulate those who have made our cause known and glorified. I just can't wait to laugh at Capcom when they decide take a stand against us.

A fan base is definitely not something you should mess with, Capcom.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 pm