Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Edich
Adrian2040
6 posters

Christian Svensson Talks MegaMan

Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Christian Svensson Talks MegaMan Empty Christian Svensson Talks MegaMan

Post by Adrian2040 Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:21 pm

Capcom has said that it is still committed to the Mega Man franchise, and it plans to reveal new games in the series "in due course".

Speaking in an interview with Game Informer, Capcom US boss Christian Svensson said:

"Change has been a constant during my six years at Capcom (vastly for the positive) but I want to be crystal clear on this point," he said. "Mega Man is a key brand for Capcom and will remain so. I don't have any products we've announced publicly that I can point to and say 'see, I told you' but there are 'top men' ('top men'? 'Yes, top men') within Capcom thinking about the future of the brand and where it's going.

"We will have official announcements in due course."

Capcom US boss Christian Svensson

Mega Man didn't appear in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3's expanded roster, and the publisher aborted a proposed 3DS project, Mega Man Legends 3, leaving some long-term fans of the series alienated - an issue of which Svensson is well aware.

"This is absolutely an issue that keeps me up at night. Unfortunately there are times that we have to make decisions that don't make sense to the community and the fallout, while understandable is regrettable. Our relationships with fans are extremely important and I know we've got some that are disenfranchised right now.

"Unfortunately, in this situation, there is no panacea. It's going to take time to rebuild those bridges. Product cycles are long and it'll be a little while until fans can see the light at the end of the tunnel. And the last thing I want to do is prematurely announce something in the name of sating the fans that gets cancelled or redirected later, thereby creating an even larger wound. I can only ask for people's patience.

"In the meantime, we're going to be stepping up our community engagement efforts in the West."

Source: http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1214368p1.html

From what I read, I doubt that any new MegaMan game to be announced in the next few months is MegaMan Legends 3. It could involve the Legends series, but I doubt that they'll revive Legends 3 directly any time soon. However (And hopefully), I can be wrong.
    Edich
    Edich
    Lead Writer
    Lead Writer

Male Posts : 420

Christian Svensson Talks MegaMan Empty Re: Christian Svensson Talks MegaMan

Post by Edich Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:49 pm

This interview was done for a really good Game Informer article about Capcom, a pretty interesting read, and I agree with most of the assessment. It dabbled a bit in the topic about Western developed games are now beginning to dominate the market for the first time in forever and how Japanese games and entertainment(barring exceptions, of course) are in a bit of a quagmire of certain over-used tropes/genres.

Here's some scans for those interested(might be a bit hard to read)

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img37/7456/cca1e.jpg

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img829/8906/cca2.jpg

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img585/4639/cca3.jpg

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img580/1692/cca4i.jpg

And this is the full interview, I believe:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/12/08/1529927.aspx
    Skybane Zero
    Skybane Zero
    DASH Writer
    DASH Writer

Male Posts : 206

Post by Skybane Zero Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:11 am

Well, I hate to say it, but trust is earned by action, not words.
    Capcom can say Megaman is still an important brand to them as many times as they want, but in the end, cheap talk is not going to be enough to get back a fanbase that has been crushed by the cancelation of two highly-anticipated Megaman titles as well as constantly lied to.
    No, the only way they'll be able to 'rebuild those bridges' is by ammending for their past offences to their fanbase (which, of course, they could do in one fell swoop if they just reinstated MML3). And by 'ammending' I don't mean throwing new batches of Megaman swag at us every other month; I mean that they'll need to finally release a new, high-quality Megaman game.
    Leonel
    Leonel
    Official Multitasking Developer

Male Posts : 68

Post by Leonel Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:25 pm

Capcom Cancelled Legends 3 and the localization of Investigations 2, they're on my black list until any of those is brought back to life
    ravenf6
    ravenf6
    Visitor
    Visitor

Male Posts : 4

Post by ravenf6 Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:04 pm

@Skybane Zero: You took the words right out of my mouth. Their actions for the past six months have been no more than hubris and lies. I called them out the day after they canceled the prototype version and have yet to see any action that support the claim Sven made..
    nikklament
    nikklament

Male Posts : 47

Post by nikklament Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:44 am

I'm seriously hoping that BBAMM's inclusion in Street Fighter X Tekken isn't what he was talking about. Or that ios port of Mega Man X.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:51 pm