Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Maverinox
Nightgazer13
megaman093
General Specific
Adrian2040
0Dash0
HBV-05-E Raiden
11 posters

Tron vs. Roll

HBV-05-E Raiden
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 174

Tron vs. Roll Empty Tron vs. Roll

Post by HBV-05-E Raiden Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:36 am

Okay. The almighty debate of Legends fans may or may not be decided in Legends 3. Which should we go for? Me? I personally say we should make it ambiguous. Reason? The potential for shitstorms, pardon my language.

Let's face it, even if you take the alternate versions of Roll's Diary Entry, it would still be up in the air as to whether Megs would end up with Roll or Tron. I say we keep it to the way it's been, with Tron's Tsundere-ish behaviors and Roll's doting sister-ish love. Even if we make them start to compete for affection even more so, we should still leave it up in the air by the end, because that way fans can come to their own conclusions on this issue, like we have been for the past 10+ years (for the most part).
    0Dash0
    0Dash0
    Official Musician
    Official Musician

Male Posts : 53

Tron vs. Roll Empty Re: Tron vs. Roll

Post by 0Dash0 Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:40 am

Agreed.
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Post by Adrian2040 Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:05 am

This is a big one. Try to just write theories here and remember that the real deal should be written in the Developer Boards. People have waited 10 years for this game and they most won't want it spoiled, even if it's a fan made game.
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 174

Post by HBV-05-E Raiden Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:35 am

Well then, is it acceptable that this gets moved to the Development section then?

Last edited by HBV-05-E Raiden on Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Post by General Specific Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:44 am

I thought we would take ideas we came up with in the open discussion forums and then decide on which ones would actually be practical in the developer forums. Could you give me some clarification please?
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Post by Adrian2040 Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:21 am

Basically, let's take ideas and let users discuss them. We can discuss with them too, but just slightly. We should not make any official statement.

This topic in particular is very important to the story and it would be great if we could leave our final decision as a surprise for when we finish the game.

At max, we could make some teasers about this topic. But nothing that makes the answer obvious at all.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:24 am

We have some options with the whole love triangle issue.

One option is to implement an affection system, similar to dating sims and games like Tales of Symphonia. By earning brownie points with either of the two girls, you can get an ending with each one—or, of course, you can ignore either and get a different ending.

The other option is to automatically go with the neutral option for a set ending.
    megaman093
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Post by megaman093 Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:24 am

Well I agree that it shouldn't be a definite thing. If we really wanted to we could maybe have some in game choices that make the game lean towards one or the otehr though. Maybe depending on a few plot choices either roll or tron end up in a certain scene. Ah the person above me posted something similar. It should be fien either way as long as we dont force one or the other.
    Nightgazer13
    Visitor
    Visitor

Post by Nightgazer13 Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:40 pm

General Specific wrote:We have some options with the whole love triangle issue.

One option is to implement an affection system, similar to dating sims and games like Tales of Symphonia. By earning brownie points with either of the two girls, you can get an ending with each one—or, of course, you can ignore either and get a different ending.

The other option is to automatically go with the neutral option for a set ending.

I really like this idea. Since this is a fan game, it would be pretty cool to let each fan decide for themselves how this whole triangle thing plays out. That said, I think if we do go with this idea then the natural default state of things should be a neutral ending, with the player making obvious, non-essential choices in order to tip the scales toward one girl or the other (eg: You find a present in the ruins. Do you give it to Roll, Tron, or neither). That way, nobody just gets Megaman into some relationship unless they really want it to happen.
    Maverinox
    Maverinox
    Official Designer
    Official Designer

Male Posts : 12

Post by Maverinox Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:12 pm

Nightgazer13 wrote:
    General Specific wrote:We have some options with the whole love triangle issue.

I really like this idea. Since this is a fan game, it would be pretty cool to let each fan decide for themselves how this whole triangle thing plays out. That said, I think if we do go with this idea then the natural default state of things should be a neutral ending, with the player making obvious, non-essential choices in order to tip the scales toward one girl or the other (eg: You find a present in the ruins. Do you give it to Roll, Tron, or neither). That way, nobody just gets Megaman into some relationship unless they really want it to happen.

I agree. It's a fan game, so let the fan decide on which path to go.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:46 pm

And the fans, ergo, speak their word. We'll just have to figure out how the relationship system would work, how the endings would work out, etc.
    DJ-P0N3
    DJ-P0N3
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Post by DJ-P0N3 Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:54 am

I had made a thread a while back in the devroom about a potential relationship system that could ultimately result in multiple, post-credit endings. The idea would be that by doing specific tasks for/with certain characters you could build your relationship with them.

Different points in the game would force you to choose which character you want to spend time with. This wouldn't necessarily be a dating sim thing, as you could choose to spend time with any of the predetermined characters (male or female). This would ultimately result in a small scene at the end of the game with the character who you developed the most. small conversational choices presented throughout the story would also influence this relationship system.

It's similar to the persona relationship system, but I imagined it to be executed more closely to how it was done in the Growlanser games. Imo I don't feel this system should have to explicitly result in MM ending up with one particular character, but would show a bond formed that could possibly imply it (if you ended up developing your relationship with one of the primary female characters)

I think the biggest benefit of this system would come from the vast amounts of replay value it could garner without us having to program new models/bosses/ruins/major features. It seems like a solid feature to include if we had the opportunity to do it.
    KarasuShiro
    KarasuShiro
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 24

Post by KarasuShiro Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:30 pm

I agree with the multiple ways to end the relations (or staying alone) this can be made trough short quest asked by either Roll or Tron.
    HalcyonDays
    HalcyonDays
    Official Designer
    Official Designer

Post by HalcyonDays Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:26 am

(Late to the party, I know.)

For those of you who remember my posts on the Devroom, I felt quite adamant about leaving this whole thing in the hands of the Developers, rather than letting fans decide, for various reasons that I really don't feel like getting into.

However, considering the circumstances of the game being in the hands of its dear fans, I'm willing to look the other direction and push for the idea of allowing players to "choose" with whom they get brownie points with.

One thing though, please make me "SQUEE!" with fluffy Rock n' Roll shipping when you consider Roll's ending. I love you

Not necessarily them declaring their undying love for each other, but definitely a heartwarming moment or something.

Like Megaman and Roll in the Flutter, cuddling together in their jammies, asleep on the couch while the television's on, while Data sits on the floor, munching on the popcorn bowl that they were originally eating.

Or maybe a scene in which Megaman and Roll are making a pizza or a bento or something together in the Flutter's kitchen, in which they share a cozy moment just enjoying each others company, while Data is dangerously messing around in the background with the oven or something. Like that scene in that Spiderman movie where Harry and Mary Jane are cooking together in the kitchen.

Or maybe a scene where.....nevermind. In case you haven't noticed, I'm a total Rock n' Roll Shipper. Very Happy

The Roll Train's Rollin' Out!
    Suda
    Suda
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Post by Suda Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:31 am

I like the idea of the affection system, as it's something I always wished for since the second game. However, I'd rather keep everything open. Seeing the characters off with an implied relationship seems more appropriate.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 pm