Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Just noticed something on Capcom Unity

nikklament
    nikklament
    Official Multitasking Developer

Male Posts : 47

Just noticed something on Capcom Unity Empty Just noticed something on Capcom Unity

Post by nikklament Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:48 am

*DISCLAIMER* This may be old
    Here's the link to where I saw this.
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/20724009/Ask_Capcom_FAQ_-_Release_Dates,_IP_Statuses,_Events__more!

On the list of "Titles no longer under license", Mega Man Legends 1 and 2 are included. Since they're no longer under a license, does that make them public domain? Not trying to instigate anything, I'm just genuinely curious.
    Leonel
    Leonel

Male Posts : 68

Just noticed something on Capcom Unity Empty Re: Just noticed something on Capcom Unity

Post by Leonel Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:56 pm

That doesn't sound good for whatever hope left of Legends 3
    nikklament
    nikklament

Male Posts : 47

Just noticed something on Capcom Unity Empty Re: Just noticed something on Capcom Unity

Post by nikklament Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:52 pm

The fact that they apparently no longer have the license for the series could help us from a legal standpoint. If they no longer own it, then they couldn't sue or send a cease-and-desist order.
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Post by Adrian2040 Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:00 pm

Just arrived from a small trip. What you posted is really interesting. I'll have to research more about it.
    Edich
    Edich
    Lead Writer
    Lead Writer

Male Posts : 420

Post by Edich Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:11 am

Well, there's a lot of ways this can go.

It could refer to certain copyright material in the games that Capcom doesn't personally own and have since expired when they paid to use them.

It could be that the games themselves are no longer licensed, but the franchise itself is.

Or it could mean that whether the games or the franchise are licensed, in the end, MML3/Prototype most likely still is(as it's so new), as well as Megaman in the whole.

In other words, I don't think it would help us too much in the legality of this whole thing. But I don't claim to understand legalese so...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:50 am