Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+76
megabust99
SageChaozu
Suda
Krotar
TronBonne
Gh0st
Bronzedragon316
The High Paladin
arslath
Zetta
Thanatos-Zero
PooJ1277
Leonel
Eien ni Mugen
HalcyonDays
QuietlyThinking
Infernite
Speculator
KokO
NotUnknown
ChromaColors
aoi820
omegaprime02
PhantomKirin
T3GZdev
Sander
CX-10
int
RaphaelRobo
Mikey
afreaknperson
prince_david
jadzxa
LordGarza
Rockman Striker
nikklament
SeeFly
lunargoblin
darkxcalibur
ONLYUSEmeFEET
PixelSprite
Nicktendonick
omareen
Ore-sama
Dollow
Steve
ThorkellTheTall
KarasuShiro
CmonMrBlue
Ben-Hur Pilotti
megaman093
Quickdraw
smalltrouble
Maverinox
WhiteBonne
KayneArgand
LegendMan
ign0to
Mr.Jackpot
ValorCrash
OniLink++
Edich
0Dash0
TypingWithMyDix
rekka_zan
HBV-05-E Raiden
foiden
Virus111
Truner
Jesse
DJ-P0N3
General Specific
Maddey_Linqs
Skybane Zero
MaestroMaharg
Adrian2040
80 posters

Recruitment Center

Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

recruitment - Recruitment Center Empty Recruitment Center

Post by Adrian2040 Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:36 pm

You can apply in here to help in any way.

I will not ask for a specific application format, but try to keep it professional.

You can apply to work in:
    -Coding
    -Designer
    -Writing
    -Visuals
    -Audio
    -Marketing and Advertisement (NEW)

You also apply to help in other stuff or even in more than one of the specified areas.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Users with their names in lilac are already developers and can access the developers' boards.

Last edited by Adrian2040N on Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:14 am; edited 2 times in total
    MaestroMaharg
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

Male Posts : 465

recruitment - Recruitment Center Empty Re: Recruitment Center

Post by MaestroMaharg Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:54 pm

Aha, now this is what I was waiting for, when we really get into it. You may also want to write a side note that people should only sign up if they can contribute reasonable amounts). Anywho, the more the merrier;

I'd love to sign up for both "writer" as well as "designer".
    Skybane Zero
    Skybane Zero
    DASH Writer
    DASH Writer

Male Posts : 206

Post by Skybane Zero Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:16 pm

I can apply for Designer, writer and artist, I guess. Although I can only really do handrawn art.
    Maddey_Linqs
    Maddey_Linqs
    Official Conceptual Developer

Post by Maddey_Linqs Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:19 pm

I want in on being a writer and designer/artist as well but I'd settle for writer/annoying critique.

However you guys should consider putting him on the team:
    http://androidarts.com/mml/reaverbot_legends.htm
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Post by General Specific Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:01 pm

I will gladly apply for design work and audio work—I excel at level design and general planning, but voice acting is also a hobby of mine and something I can supply. This can also apply to overall sound direction, including selection of S.E. and music.

My megathread on ruin design!
    A thread we had regarding platforming mechanics.
    A thread regarding a crack-pot idea I have, involving shooting down to gain propulsion!

—To an extent, I'm a veritable scribe on the history of the Devroom, having made the official Thread Index for early, early threads.
    DJ-P0N3
    DJ-P0N3
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Post by DJ-P0N3 Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:21 pm

I'd like to apply for the position of visuals, though I also have some experience in writing and design as well. Coding is sadly not one of my greater talents, but depending on the engine we go with I might be a small help in that regard as well. Visuals is my forte, but I'd really just like to go where I'm needed.

If this project manages to get underway in the near future than I am interested in dedicating most of my spare time to it, though how much time that will be is still tentative.
    Jesse
    Jesse
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Male Posts : 35

Post by Jesse Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:44 pm

Hey all.

As soon as I heard about this project, I immediately jumped on board. I would love to offer my skill set as a 3D character animator. I am most proficient in Maya, but also have experience in 3ds Max and Cinema 4D. I'll be monitoring these board while the project is in it's early stages, but in the meantime I would gladly show you all some samples of my work. Just ask! Very Happy

I believe we're starting something great here.
    Truner
    Truner

Male Posts : 23

Post by Truner Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:56 pm

Yo,

Truner from Legends Station.
    I would like to get involved with the project. I can take up the following:
    Writing - been part of a few RPG Maker teams, so a story or anything else text based is the kind of thing I can make.
    Designer: islands, maybe a city, dungeons. I'm not really good with characters and enemies.
    Audio: I can play the piano and I made a few stuff for games before. Right now I don't really have the right equipment, so this would have to wait a few months.
    So yeah, that's what I can help with. I can't code, nor can I make 3D stuff. But I'm here for anything else. Smile
    Virus111
    Virus111
    Official Musician
    Official Musician

Male Posts : 19

Post by Virus111 Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:10 pm

Hey, just heard about the project, I am 100% for it if Crapcom continues to be so unreasonable. I start at Colorado State University in just under a month, and I am going to be a computer science major, mostly to make video games. As of right now, I am really into music, and I do actually have an EP of electronic music. I may apply for the audio section of the game, and after I have some more programming experience under my belt, I may apply to help with that later. You can hear my EP here. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to (hopefully) seeing this project come to fruition, and giving the fans what they truly deserve.

Last edited by Virus111 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed the link to something clickable.)
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Post by Adrian2040 Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:14 pm

BTW: Users with their names in lilac are already developers and can access the developers' boards.
    foiden
    Lead Musician
    Lead Musician

Post by foiden Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:47 pm

I'm applying as a music composer, audio work, and writing as well.

In music composition I've done a good number of works, several soundtracks worth, but I would say my ability is to be able to take a style and create original works within said style. I can also create new mixed styles on my own.

Capcom already featured a couple of my tunes on their page showing promotion works. One being my acoustic version of the Pokke Village Monster Hunter BGM:
    https://files.me.com/akaimizu/s2y95t.mp3

The other being the Monster Hunter Jamboree song put to a reedit of the various Monster Hunter Tri commercials:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KXhlqedWyY

As for a couple of examples of stuff, I do, here's an example or two of different styles. One I posted in a different forum.

1. Relic Discovery in the ancient ruins (Tribal Electronica Dream)

https://files.me.com/akaimizu/rxnf0l.mp3

2. My theme for Forces of Nature (More of a Phantasy Star online-styled sung theme. Big orchestra mixed with electronica, and a large mix of acoustic, and electronic instruments) Not as a consideration in game as this is the official theme of the Forces of Nature group, but this shows an example of style variety in 1 single song.

https://files.me.com/akaimizu/y42og1.mp3

HBV-05-E Raiden
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 174

Post by HBV-05-E Raiden Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:14 pm

Since I have little talent in a lot of areas, the most I can do is help out with writing. Although if you want MS Paint maps or Reaverbots to be drastically improved upon, then I can do that as well.

Might be better I stick to writing.
    rekka_zan
    rekka_zan
    Official Musician
    Official Musician

Male Posts : 68

Post by rekka_zan Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:43 pm

Wow, foiden looks like you have a lot of experience with Capcom! That's great!
    I'm applying for the sound team too, I'm looking forward to working with you guys.

This is a sample of my work :
    http://soundcloud.com/rekkazan/mechanical-doll-2
    TypingWithMyDix
    TypingWithMyDix
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Post by TypingWithMyDix Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:53 pm

I can do textures and buttons and things like that.

If you can tell me which language you plan on writing the game in i can work on learning that too >_>
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Post by Adrian2040 Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:57 pm

By the way, I'm currently creating special ranks. Since there is a lot of people that are doing multiple work, I'll give them the special rank from their biggest specialty. (Though I will make an exception to this rule for people that real excel in many areas)

EDIT: Just because I gave you a rank like Official Artist doesn't mean you can't help in other areas like Design and Writing. Bear this in mind.
    rekka_zan
    rekka_zan
    Official Musician
    Official Musician

Male Posts : 68

Post by rekka_zan Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:07 pm

I suggest we make some kind of a "hierarchy" in the team. For example, if we have multiple visual artist, we should assign one person to be the lead artist, or the art director. Therefore we'll have a clear guideline to how we should work, what art style we're using, etc.

The "lead" member is also the person who gets the right to decide whether something is going to be used in the game or not. If another team member created something and he feels it's not good enough, he can reject it or ask for a rework. It will also keep the team members specialize in working on one section at a time, and when we're in doubt about something, we should always trust the lead's decision.
    0Dash0
    0Dash0
    Official Musician
    Official Musician

Male Posts : 53

Post by 0Dash0 Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:19 pm

Sure, why not. I'll apply for the Audio position.

http://tindeck.com/listen/efqk - Not finished

http://tindeck.com/listen/wzkl - Was made for MMLS's Bonne Mecha design, Seeteufel!

http://tindeck.com/listen/bdzf - Also not finish, but don't it rock so hard?

Music is all I have with experience. Smile
    ----------------------------------------
    http://tindeck.com/listen/iwyq - Just because.

Last edited by 0Dash0 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Post by Adrian2040 Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:21 pm

We still don't have enough people in each section to make Leads. (Except for Writers).

At this point someone could apply that is better than someone in here and it would be stupid to pass the Lead title around. I say let's give it a week from today. Then I'll decide who should be lead depending on participation, skill and leadership.

BTW: Conceptual Developers won't have lead since they are doing a little bit of everything. Multitasking Developers, if enough apply, will have lead. (A Multitasking Developer Title will be given to someone that excels at many things and can work at them rather than just a bit of each. If you can prove you know more than you seem to, I can promote someone from Conceptual Developer to Multitasking Developer.)
    TypingWithMyDix
    TypingWithMyDix
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Post by TypingWithMyDix Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:29 pm

I probably should've made it more clear that i was talking about which programing language in my last post >_>
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Post by Adrian2040 Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:47 pm

TypingWithMyDix wrote:I probably should've made it more clear that i was talking about which programing language in my last post >_>

Most probably C++ or C#. (Though nothing is set in stone yet.)
    Edich
    Edich
    Lead Writer
    Lead Writer

Male Posts : 420

Post by Edich Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:35 am

I would like to apply for a writing, scenario planning, or conceptual design position on this team.

Specifically, I'd like to focus on NPCs, side-quests, and just general character-oriented concepts. However, that is not my only skills in the writing department and I'm greatly interested in discussing and contributing to the broader subjects such as the Elder System, it's purpose, it's conception, and it's role in the game. I would not call myself capable of many talents, but I am capable of at least supplying critiquing and input on many fields and concepts.

I do have an example of an NPC I've created, a re-hash of an unused heroine design that I made for fun a while back, that I can PM to whoever makes the recruitment decisions here as part of this "resume" if you'd like, and see if it would fit with what you're goal is.
    OniLink++
    Official Programmer
    Official Programmer

Male Posts : 76

Post by OniLink++ Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:14 am

I would like to apply for a programming position. I don't have much to show to prove my skills at the moment, but I've been working with C++ since I was 13 or 14 (I'm 16 now). I am confident that I will be able to provide assistance to this project, and that I can solve most problems that are thrown my way.
    ValorCrash
    ValorCrash
    Visitor
    Visitor

Male Posts : 1

Post by ValorCrash Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:28 am

I can definitely help out with the writing, but not as lead. Not that I don't think I'm good enough, I'm just not as familiar with the series.

I can also do some voice acting when required.
    Mr.Jackpot
    Mr.Jackpot
    Official Programmer
    Official Programmer

Male Posts : 13

Post by Mr.Jackpot Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:33 am

I would like to apply as either a programmer or a writer. I specialize in C++ and C# programming. I can also do webpage managing and fourm managing. I have also done a lot rom hacking for megaman games exclusively, but I guess that's a bit irrelevant.
    ign0to
    Visitor
    Visitor

Post by ign0to Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:38 am

Would you guys be interested in recruiting translators to translate the game into other languages? I'm willing to do translations to Brazilian Portuguese. I plan on becoming a professional translator someday, in fact, but I still haven't had the chance of taking a course on college and I'm still working on taking my proficiency, so I might still be somewhat inexperienced, but I have lots of free time to do it and my overall English skills (most of which were actually self-taught by playing video-games since I was little) were highly praised by my teachers and mentors; plus I have already translated a number of songs, the results of which turned out to be pretty satisfying to me so far.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:31 pm