Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+76
megabust99
SageChaozu
Suda
Krotar
TronBonne
Gh0st
Bronzedragon316
The High Paladin
arslath
Zetta
Thanatos-Zero
PooJ1277
Leonel
Eien ni Mugen
HalcyonDays
QuietlyThinking
Infernite
Speculator
KokO
NotUnknown
ChromaColors
aoi820
omegaprime02
PhantomKirin
T3GZdev
Sander
CX-10
int
RaphaelRobo
Mikey
afreaknperson
prince_david
jadzxa
LordGarza
Rockman Striker
nikklament
SeeFly
lunargoblin
darkxcalibur
ONLYUSEmeFEET
PixelSprite
Nicktendonick
omareen
Ore-sama
Dollow
Steve
ThorkellTheTall
KarasuShiro
CmonMrBlue
Ben-Hur Pilotti
megaman093
Quickdraw
smalltrouble
Maverinox
WhiteBonne
KayneArgand
LegendMan
ign0to
Mr.Jackpot
ValorCrash
OniLink++
Edich
0Dash0
TypingWithMyDix
rekka_zan
HBV-05-E Raiden
foiden
Virus111
Truner
Jesse
DJ-P0N3
General Specific
Maddey_Linqs
Skybane Zero
MaestroMaharg
Adrian2040
80 posters

Recruitment Center

Krotar
    Krotar
    Official Multitasking Developer
    Official Multitasking Developer

Male Posts : 8

recruitment - Recruitment Center - Page 8 Empty Re: Recruitment Center

Post by Krotar Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:00 am

So from the looks of these posts, you guys are running this project in Unity with C#. You have no idea how happy that makes me. Those are both things that I'm actively learning in my classes. :'D

Anyway, I'm not going to apply for any specific position so much as say everything I think I'm capable of and let you guys pick and choose what you need from me (if anything).

Excited Design: It's what I'm going to college to learn, and if my grades are any indication, I've got a knack for it. (3.75 College GPA anyone?) I'm passionate about video games and like to think I'm pretty insightful on what makes game mechanics and level design work and what makes them flop. I've played all three Legends games and think I've got a pretty good handle on the feel to the Legends games.

Sad Coding: I know a bit of C#. I'm by no means a pro, but I've got Microsoft Visual Studio and have taken a couple introductory programming classes. I know what ints, classes, bools, strings, and all that jazz are and how to work with them, so maybe that counts for something?
    I also know a bit about Unity already. I've made a small, slightly buggy game before, and I'm taking another course in it this semester so I should only learn more from here.
    And I'm kinda good with RPGMaker. It's where I learned a good bit about basic scripting (conditional branches, loops, that kinda stuff). Aside from the stuff I learned from it, I don't think it'll be all that useful, though.

Happy Story: Like a lot of people, I fancy myself a writer, and I've been told I'm pretty good. Aside from getting great grades in creative writing and honors english courses and stuff, I've spent a lot of my free time doing stuff like collaborative writing on forums (RPing, basically), and I used to have a pokemon sprite comic that people seemed to really back in high school (it stuck out because it wasn't just another retelling of one of the games, but a look at how much life sucks for the Shiny pokemon, being hunted like trophies and ostracized by their own kind for being different. Despite the subject, it was always upbeat and goofy, though).
    Basically, I'd be happy to lend my ideas about the story, but I'm sure we've got plenty of folks on that already.

Confused Art: Um...I can edit sprites pretty well (my avatar's a photoshopped Gym Leader Blue). That's about it, though. Probably not worth much.

Embarrassed Voice Acting: I was pretty active in my High School's Drama Club and think I'm a pretty decent actor. I've started trying my hand at voice acting recently, but I'll admit, I'm not all that good yet. I'm pretty good at getting emotion down, but not so good at coming up with believable voices for characters (Remember the Professor Barrel auditions? Say hello to Contestant #6. Yeah. Old-Man voices are hard. :C).
    If you've got any characters you think could be voiced by your average 20 year old dude without having to do all sorts of funny things with his throat, I could give it a shot. I'd love to give Barret or one of the other Bright Bats a try, but I'm probably better suited to side-roles. Like "policeman" or something.
    I don't have much in the way of a decent mic, but my campus has a professional grade sound-room I could probably use.

Cool Networking: I'm going to a school full of game designers, programmers, sound artists, animators, voice actors, and artists. I've met some pretty cool people there, and pretty much everyone's on the look out for stuff to cram into their portfolios. If you tell me what kind of people you need, I may be able to find someone with the skills and free-time to lend a hand.

WELP. That's enough tooting my own horn and stuff for now. If you want samples of stuff I've done (programs, games, writing, voice acting, sprites, etc.), just lemme know and I'll try to put together a folder or something.
    Also, fair warning: School (and my love of video games) tend to keep me pretty occupied. But I'm going to school to learn to make video games, so I figure this could be a great learning experience for me on top of helping to make Legends 3 a reality. Saying I'm too busy to make video games is like a baker saying he's too busy to make a few loafs.
    But yeah. That doesn't mean I'll be all that efficient. I'll probably need to be yelled at and given specific deadlines to meet, otherwise I'll probably just go play Ico, Bastion, or one of my many other video games left over from the holidays.
    Edich
    Edich
    Lead Writer
    Lead Writer

Male Posts : 420

Post by Edich Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:15 pm

Hmm, well from the looks of things, I'd say your best bet would be multi-tasking developer, but perhaps with an emphasis on programming, or even an intention to go full programmer later on. It's currently the most understaffed area here, atm.

All in all, though, any help in any area would be helpful at this time, we're reaching a bit of a lull in activity all over the place right now.

Either way, welcome to the forums and hopefully to the team here soon.
    Suda
    Suda
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Post by Suda Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:12 am

I'd love to think I can contribute to more than one section, but writing is within my reach for the most part.
    You can check this post to evaluate my writing to see if I'm good enough.
    Edich
    Edich
    Lead Writer
    Lead Writer

Male Posts : 420

Post by Edich Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:03 pm

I would absolutely love you as a writer, that was very impressive. I'm beginning a post in response to the thread you linked and I really look forward to working with you.
    Suda
    Suda
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Post by Suda Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:12 pm

I appreciate it, and I look forward to working on this. Hopefully I'll be good enough for it.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Post by General Specific Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:38 pm

Glad to see you with us, Suda (Goichi Suda?). I'll be working on story details with you guys when I can.
    SageChaozu
    SageChaozu
    Official Programmer
    Official Programmer

Male Posts : 3

recruitment - Recruitment Center - Page 8 Empty Applying for development

Post by SageChaozu Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:37 pm

I'd like to apply for development. I currently know C, C++, C#, Basic and its variants, and JavaScript. I work as an engineer as my day job which includes using C#, C++ and SQL. Also, I didn't get a chance to read all pages of the recruitment page but I am hoping we do have a plan for Q.A.
    megabust99
    megabust99
    Visitor
    Visitor

Male Posts : 3

Post by megabust99 Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:49 pm

Ecstatic hi i am good as megaman volnutt voice acting ,concept art and singing [b]
    Music_Swashbuckler
    Music_Swashbuckler
    Official Conceptual Developer
    Official Conceptual Developer

Male Posts : 2

Post by Music_Swashbuckler Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:43 am

If you still have room, I can contribute as a writer any way that I can. But feel free to place me anywhere you need, I'm eager to help anyway possible.
    miker525
    Official Programmer
    Official Programmer

Male Posts : 2

Post by miker525 Tue May 01, 2012 10:21 pm

If there's still room I'd love to help. I can code in Java and C# best but I do know some C/C++ . I suppose I can also help with writing but I'd be best in the coding area. I'd love to help. Let me know!
    Sylan
    Official Programmer
    Official Programmer

Female Posts : 1

Post by Sylan Tue May 08, 2012 12:48 am

If application is still open, which I was unsure of due to the time since this started, I would like to apply to join the programming work. I know C/C++, along with having started to meddle in C# and Java, and have made a few independent game projects.
    devillock
    devillock
    Lead 3D Artist
    Lead 3D Artist

Male Posts : 8

Post by devillock Tue May 22, 2012 7:21 pm

I've been a passionate Legends fan ever since the 1st time I laid eyes on the game. It was the 1st 3D game, and it was quite an adventure. Been in love with it ever since.
    I worked on the MMLEx project, unfortunately, none of my work came to light.

These are pictures from approximately five years ago:

I'm currently working on something, but if you would have me, I'd love to contribute to anything Megaman Legends related.

I can contribute in the fields of:
    3D environmental making
    3D Prop making
    3D Character making
    Some Animation
    Voice acting (Vocal range is bass) + The Multi5 accents.
    Audio editing and manipulation
    Song composing and production

P.S. I had images from servbots, Bon Bonne and Bruno, but couldn't find 'em, sorry.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:35 pm