Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+76
megabust99
SageChaozu
Suda
Krotar
TronBonne
Gh0st
Bronzedragon316
The High Paladin
arslath
Zetta
Thanatos-Zero
PooJ1277
Leonel
Eien ni Mugen
HalcyonDays
QuietlyThinking
Infernite
Speculator
KokO
NotUnknown
ChromaColors
aoi820
omegaprime02
PhantomKirin
T3GZdev
Sander
CX-10
int
RaphaelRobo
Mikey
afreaknperson
prince_david
jadzxa
LordGarza
Rockman Striker
nikklament
SeeFly
lunargoblin
darkxcalibur
ONLYUSEmeFEET
PixelSprite
Nicktendonick
omareen
Ore-sama
Dollow
Steve
ThorkellTheTall
KarasuShiro
CmonMrBlue
Ben-Hur Pilotti
megaman093
Quickdraw
smalltrouble
Maverinox
WhiteBonne
KayneArgand
LegendMan
ign0to
Mr.Jackpot
ValorCrash
OniLink++
Edich
0Dash0
TypingWithMyDix
rekka_zan
HBV-05-E Raiden
foiden
Virus111
Truner
Jesse
DJ-P0N3
General Specific
Maddey_Linqs
Skybane Zero
MaestroMaharg
Adrian2040
80 posters

Recruitment Center

ONLYUSEmeFEET
    ONLYUSEmeFEET
    V.I.P. Developer
    V.I.P. Developer

Male Posts : 32

recruitment - Recruitment Center - Page 3 Empty Re: Recruitment Center

Post by ONLYUSEmeFEET Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:47 pm

I'd like to apply as both a designer and a marketer. I have a successful Youtube account that is growing in subs every day and have a vast knowledge on video games and Megaman. I have many gameplay ideas and layouts in my head I'd love to see implemented. I'd prefer being a designer over a marketer if I can only have one job, but both would be awesome. PM me or ask me any questions you may have about my skills. I am more than willing to help get this off the ground!
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Post by Adrian2040 Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:52 pm

ONLYUSEmeFEET wrote:I'd like to apply as both a designer and a marketer. I have a successful Youtube account that is growing in subs every day and have a vast knowledge on video games and Megaman. I have many gameplay ideas and layouts in my head I'd love to see implemented. I'd prefer being a designer over a marketer if I can only have one job, but both would be awesome. PM me or ask me any questions you may have about my skills. I am more than willing to help get this off the ground!

I'll give you the rank of an Official Designer. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean you can't help with other stuff. Thank you for your help.

Last edited by Adrian2040N on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Horrible Typo.)
    OniLink++
    Official Programmer
    Official Programmer

Male Posts : 76

Post by OniLink++ Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:54 pm

Adrian2040N wrote:HOWEVER, that doesn't mean you can help with other stuff.
    Oh god that's a horrible typo. Fixitfixitfixitfixitfixit.
    ONLYUSEmeFEET
    ONLYUSEmeFEET
    V.I.P. Developer
    V.I.P. Developer

Post by ONLYUSEmeFEET Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:56 pm

OniLink++ wrote:
    Adrian2040N wrote:HOWEVER, that doesn't mean you can help with other stuff. Thank you for your help.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I mean, I'll just design if you want me to, but I'd love to help in any way.
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Post by Adrian2040 Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:59 pm

ONLYUSEmeFEET wrote:
    OniLink++ wrote:
    Adrian2040N wrote:HOWEVER, that doesn't mean you can help with other stuff. Thank you for your help.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I mean, I'll just design if you want me to, but I'd love to help in any way.

How did I make such an obvious and horrible typo? Anyway. What I meant to say is that you can help us with anything. I'm just giving you the most suitable rank, but you can still collaborate with anything else.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Post by General Specific Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:01 pm

Designer is something of a broad role anyhow—game designers work with visual personnel, programming personnel, and audio personnel to ensure that the desired effects on the player are achieved during a game session.
    ONLYUSEmeFEET
    ONLYUSEmeFEET
    V.I.P. Developer
    V.I.P. Developer

Post by ONLYUSEmeFEET Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:02 pm

Okay, thanks guys. Designer seems like the position for me. Also replied to your PM General. Smile
    darkxcalibur
    Lead Programmer
    Lead Programmer

Male Posts : 20

Post by darkxcalibur Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:16 pm

i'l aply has programmer, i can help at some static meshes and other stuff but mainly programmer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_Eg_UPvDI

i you wish i could upload photos of some work.
    I have experience with unity online API
    lunargoblin
    lunargoblin
    Normal User
    Normal User

Male Posts : 33

Post by lunargoblin Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:50 am

I'd like to help out in Audio (I have experience producing/mixing/mastering music and sound, and I also do voice acting as a hobby).

Also, I think I'd be able to help out in quality control, and in the writing sense of things, I'd be able to help out with grammar, and various other things like keeping dialogue consistent.

I firmly believe that the dialogue and voice acting were the strongest parts of the MML franchise, and I'd be all too happy to help out in that department to the best of my ability. For this project to be a success, we really have to nail the dialogue.

EDIT: I also have a fairly recent computer and could help out with testing and bug-finding.

Last edited by lunargoblin on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding something)
    SeeFly
    SeeFly
    Official Marketing Member
    Official Marketing Member

Male Posts : 11

Post by SeeFly Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:58 pm

Hey Adrian,

I was going to post all of this yesterday but here is my "portfolio"

I'm fairly good at a remixing music and using software such as Reason and Ableton Live. I would like to join the audio team and help them with anything they need, ranging from sound effects, music, to mixing vocals. I wouldn't consider myself a legitimate musician, most of this was self taught; But I would love to help out in order to learn some new things.

Here are some things that I've worked on, they're fairly old but they're all I had on youtube at the moment.. I have MANY more songs and mixes though:

They Know

Tell Me

Shame Poetry

(Like I said in my introduction, I love to sample and remix. That is my main focus. I like adding synth and filters to my compositions and making a song into something completely different and new. I would love to bring my own style to the project.)

...And this is just an example of mixing rap vocals with beats that my friend and I have made. I have a decent knowledge of using protools and mixing voices to sound clear. WARNING This song has some vulgar lyrics, if you don't like rap then I suggest not listening to this song tongue But the main reason I'm showing this is to give an example.

NOIT & See.Fly - Step Up

I am also majoring in Mass Communications at my college.. So if you need someone to help make a blog, facebook page, youtube channel, etc. in order to help put the project out there, I'd be happy to help with that.

And of course if you need help with writing the story, I'm always available for that Smile

Cmeta20@yahoo.com
    nikklament
    nikklament
    Official Multitasking Developer

Male Posts : 47

Post by nikklament Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:24 pm

Writing: I can be an editor/proofreader for scripts to make sure that there are few-to-no spelling or grammatical errors (we have to be professional) and point out any possible plot holes.
    Audio: I'm a voice actor. I also work with Garage Band occasionally, so if I can get some sheet music from anyone, I can make an arrangement.
    Marketing. I'm a member of a lot of social network and forum sites (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Gaia, GameFAQS, etc.), and would be able to spread the word to possible new recruits.

Last edited by nikklament on Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 174

Post by HBV-05-E Raiden Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:41 pm

I don't know about Gaia...
    I've heard some bad stuff about that place.
    Virus111
    Virus111
    Official Musician
    Official Musician

Male Posts : 19

Post by Virus111 Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:52 pm

I've had a Gaia since 6th grade, it's really not all that bad.
    Edich
    Edich
    Lead Writer
    Lead Writer

Male Posts : 420

Post by Edich Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:54 pm

The best way to describe Gaia as I remember it would be "a community composed almost completely of people that act the way you did in you're embarrassing junior high years after first discovering anime/whatever." Super gushy hyperbole, bad fanfics and all.

I don't dislike them or anything, but yea, kind of a crowd that is notorious for immaturity and the like.
    Virus111
    Virus111
    Official Musician
    Official Musician

Male Posts : 19

Post by Virus111 Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:04 pm

Edich wrote:The best way to describe Gaia as I remember it would be "a community composed almost completely of people that act the way you did in you're embarrassing junior high years after first discovering anime/whatever." Super gushy hyperbole, bad fanfics and all.

I don't dislike them or anything, but yea, kind of a crowd that is notorious for immaturity and the like.

Now that you mention it... yeah. It's a lot like that. XD
    Rockman Striker
    Rockman Striker
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Male Posts : 211

Post by Rockman Striker Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:02 pm

I could apply for 3d modeler, animator, artist (conceptual artwork, designing characters/reaverbots) As for software I use Blender and corel draw.
    nikklament
    nikklament

Male Posts : 47

Post by nikklament Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:43 pm

I also have contact with voice acting/fan dubbing groups on YouTube and Fakku. Yes, Fakku is a "different" kind of site, but its voice actors are surprisingly professional about their work.
    LordGarza
    LordGarza
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 425

Post by LordGarza Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:01 am

I would like to apply in writing, since sometimes I get sudden brainstorm ideas that maybe I could help. Maybe we could make some ads or a small video to attract more people, including ones who can contribute in coding and many designs. Also, if the game gets to have translations, I can help with Spanish, since It's my native language. Just tell what can I do and I'll do my best! Wink
    jadzxa
    jadzxa
    Official Musician
    Official Musician

Post by jadzxa Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:04 pm

Well after debating with myself. I can help out in audio as well. My style is more techno electronic if anything but I can still help to dish out some tunes for areas here and there.
    I've completed soundtracks for indie games for myself and such which ranged from 40 to 60 tracks at times. So I have some handy work with music in areas.

Some of my works in case others haven't heard them.
    Water ruins
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9308843/GCTT%20Ruins%20of%20Cowda.mp3

A song I had made for my game series. More dark under ground library like location with traps and the like.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9308843/ER%202%20-%20Looming%20Visitor.mp3

A group like tune.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9308843/GCTT%20We%20are%20the%20Elite%21.mp3

But yeah I could just help with tune creating ruins,battles what not. Specificity I've found out is making good battle variations here and there.
    prince_david
    prince_david
    Official Programmer
    Official Programmer

Male Posts : 59

Post by prince_david Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:04 am

I could help out with any coding tasks. I have not made a game before, but I have 5 years of software engineering experience working with C#, C++, Java, VB.NET as well as web coding. I have a real passion for development and would love to help this game come to life.
    prince_david
    prince_david
    Official Programmer
    Official Programmer

Male Posts : 59

Post by prince_david Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:06 am

Nicktendonick wrote:I'd like to sign myself up as well.

I'm a writer first, and I can help with storyline / scenario. Creating stories is what I'm best at.

second I'd say would be helping with the promotion and marketing. I have a talent for giving speeches and presenting things to others, and I think I can do a good job with that and marketing.

I can lend my voice if I'm good enough. I'm no pro, but I think I could at least do some voice acting.

I'm in college to learn computer programming / hardware, but I'm not there yet so don't count that.
    If you do make a program of sorts to help design I can definitely design levels. I love the level creation tools in videogames, and always use each one.

I use to sprite on a average level, but I don't think spriting will be of any use here. Especially since this is all in 3D

Well, those are my four main strong points.
    If you enjoy coding I bet you could still help if you wanted to. I have worked with interns at my company before and they can put out some great work, and we can all help you learn in the process too! Besides this would be a great thing to put on your resume that you can point to and talk about on interviews. Since we are going to be going through a full development cycle, it would be a great experience for you!
    afreaknperson
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Male Posts : 8

Post by afreaknperson Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:43 pm

I am a modeler who is willing to do characters environments and vehicles. I work in maya, zbrush, and photoshop. I have done some work with the udk engine.
    Mikey
    Mikey
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 49

Post by Mikey Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:37 pm

I'm a writer, proofreader, and can be a dialogue creator of sorts. Doubting myself won't get me anywhere, and I know I rock at being an English nerd, so I'd like to apply for a writer's position.
    RaphaelRobo
    RaphaelRobo
    Official Programmer
    Official Programmer

Post by RaphaelRobo Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:30 pm

I'd like to apply to be a coder. I've taken two semesters of programming, so know some stuff for C++ and Java command line. While I won't have as much experience or knowledge as your other programmers, I'm a fast learner, so I'm sure I could catch up. I wrote a text-based RPG in the command line, so if you want to see what I can program, I can give you a download link for it.
    int
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Post by int Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:59 am

Although it is unlikely I can help with anything until autumn, I'd like to watch progress on development forums.
    I can do basic modelling and texturing (3dsmax). Also have some experience with programming and games resources ripping (both file formats reverse-engineering and via capture programs like 3d ripper dx). Personally, I'll start my own game project (while learning the game engine of my interest) later, so at least there will be something playable i guess (yet, I never finished a single project before, but I don't think it would be hard to make a platform game with TPS elements).
    btw if someone looking for placeholder, there is Rockman X8 model on the internets. Well, here is my simple cel-shaded render of it.
    recruitment - Recruitment Center - Page 3 X

PS: I'm not very good at English, so bear with me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:08 am