Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
smalltrouble
General Specific
Truner
Edich
DJ-P0N3
9 posters

character's ages and the passage of time

DJ-P0N3
    DJ-P0N3
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

character's ages and the passage of time Empty character's ages and the passage of time

Post by DJ-P0N3 Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:20 pm

Since it was never actually established for the prototype, it's essentially up to us to decide how old the characters are going to be for this installment and how much longer this game will take place after the second. Since I can't think of any reason a specific amount of time should or shouldn't pass between the two games (outside of taking into account the rocket's build time), I think the ages of the characters will ultimately be left up to our own preference. I personally would like about a year to have passed, putting the characters in the 16-17 yo age range. This seems about right given the rocket would probably take about a year to build and it puts the characters in a slightly more relatable age range for most of the fanbase.
    Edich
    Edich
    Lead Writer
    Lead Writer

Male Posts : 420

character's ages and the passage of time Empty Re: character's ages and the passage of time

Post by Edich Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:24 pm

Something to consider is Elder System activity within that time-frame, as well. But I can agree with that passage of time.
    Truner
    Truner
    Official Conceptual Developer

Male Posts : 23

character's ages and the passage of time Empty Re: character's ages and the passage of time

Post by Truner Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:32 pm

Building a huge rocket would take years, but let's just say that a year is good.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Post by General Specific Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:40 pm

I'd say that, given the broadening of Volnutt's shoulders in his new design, he's well into 16 at this point, and Roll would be ahead of him in development as well. This would mean the rocket took around a year to make, which seems reasonable given how trying a task making rockets can be, and allows for the Elder System to start taking action.
    smalltrouble
    smalltrouble
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 36

Post by smalltrouble Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am

I agree about it being a year between the games. It makes sense with the rocket building (it's a video game, rockets can take any amount of time we want it to take).
    Edich
    Edich
    Lead Writer
    Lead Writer

Post by Edich Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:11 pm

It goes especially quickly if set to a montage.

Scientific fact.
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Post by Adrian2040 Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:15 pm

In my opinion, half a year should pass between MML2 and Prototype. The amount of time that passes from Prototype to finally rescuing MegaMan is something we should discuss once we have the whole Prototype conceptual story finished.
    MaestroMaharg
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

Male Posts : 465

Post by MaestroMaharg Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:40 pm

I think that it should take place almost immedeatly after Megaman Legends 2. As within a day, to a year. To the argument concerning how long it would take to build a rocket. Well, I don't think it would necesarily have to take a year +, after all, the Bonnes always managed to create an enormous battle mech in a matter of hours, and after all, the Bonnes are helping with the rocket.

We can set this game as soon after Megaman Legends 2 as we want, that is, if ew want it to take place quite close afterwards. And I'm opting for it to be set directly after.
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Post by Adrian2040 Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:44 pm

MaestroMaharg wrote:I think that it should take place almost immedeatly after Megaman Legends 2. As within a day, to a year. To the argument concerning how long it would take to build a rocket. Well, I don't think it would necesarily have to take a year +, after all, the Bonnes always managed to create an enormous battle mech in a matter of hours, and after all, the Bonnes are helping with the rocket.

We can set this game as soon after Megaman Legends 2 as we want, that is, if ew want it to take place quite close afterwards. And I'm opting for it to be set directly after.

They did have many problems with the rocket development. However, they're still skilled. I'd believe MegaMan should be saved between half a year to a full year after the events of MML2.
    DJ-P0N3
    DJ-P0N3
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Post by DJ-P0N3 Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:49 pm

MaestroMaharg wrote:I think that it should take place almost immedeatly after Megaman Legends 2. As within a day, to a year. To the argument concerning how long it would take to build a rocket. Well, I don't think it would necesarily have to take a year +, after all, the Bonnes always managed to create an enormous battle mech in a matter of hours, and after all, the Bonnes are helping with the rocket.

As mentioned in the OP, it really is up to our own discretion, but space travel isn't something that's seen in Legends and thus we can imagine that it would take significantly longer than creating a robot. This theory is somewhat fortified by obvious difficulty Tron and Roll were having at the end of MML2. Also, as stated before, I think a lot of people would just like to see the cast as a bit older, seeing as most of the fans are now well above 15yo.
    rekka_zan
    rekka_zan
    Official Musician
    Official Musician

Male Posts : 68

Post by rekka_zan Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:58 pm

I'm curious about one thing. When Aero see the rocket for the first time (before she and Barret meet Roll), it looks like the rocket hasn't finished yet. I assume the rocket will be completed in the middle of the story, so... How much the rocket building process was at the start of the game? And how many time should pass between the beginning of the game until the rocket is finished?

If we assume that the rocket would take 1 year to complete, and that the time that pass between the beginning of the game and the rocket completion is not too long (probably a few weeks or around a month), then I guess it's quite logical to set that the rocket was actually already VERY close to completion. What's left is just some parts that are difficult (or expensive) to obtain, even with the help of Bonne family.

So I think that missing part might be some kind of engine or energy source. It might be a giant refractor that is strong enough to fuel a rocket, or a very advanced machine that even Roll can't build it. This is where Barret and his gangs fill in. Either by helping Roll to find the refractor needed, or by finding someone who's capable of creating that necessary machine.
    DJ-P0N3
    DJ-P0N3
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Post by DJ-P0N3 Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:11 pm

rekka_zan wrote:I'm curious about one thing. When Aero see the rocket for the first time (before she and Barret meet Roll), it looks like the rocket hasn't finished yet. I assume the rocket will be completed in the middle of the story, so... How much the rocket building process was at the start of the game? And how many time should pass between the beginning of the game until the rocket is finished?

If we assume that the rocket would take 1 year to complete, and that the time that pass between the beginning of the game and the rocket completion is not too long (probably a few weeks or around a month), then I guess it's quite logical to set that the rocket was actually already VERY close to completion. What's left is just some parts that are difficult (or expensive) to obtain, even with the help of Bonne family.

So I think that missing part might be some kind of engine or energy source. It might be a giant refractor that is strong enough to fuel a rocket, or a very advanced machine that even Roll can't build it. This is where Barret and his gangs fill in. Either by helping Roll to find the refractor needed, or by finding someone who's capable of creating that necessary machine.

I had thought this. It said Barret was a digger so if he were to be intertwined with Roll and Co. it likely wouldn't be for his technical prowess, but more so for his ability to acquire refractors. it also mentioned that Aero was good with machines so she could probably assist Roll and Tron in the rocket build process at some point. Possibly during a scene where Tron gets upstaged by Aero and they develop a feud or something.
    Edich
    Edich
    Lead Writer
    Lead Writer

Post by Edich Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:17 pm

Actually, Joe. According to this

character's ages and the passage of time 56e4eac454e6bf12dabbf3b8b23573f2

She's bad with machines.

Also, let's not forget that according to the rocket development updates, they've gone through several models already.
    rekka_zan
    rekka_zan
    Official Musician
    Official Musician

Post by rekka_zan Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:23 pm

Yes, Aero is bad with machines. In the gameplay demo that was on Nico Nico Live, there was a scene where Aero has a problem with her radar (something that never happen with Roll unless there's a disturbance).

The demo also showed a scene where Barret fight the Bonne family over a treasure. I'm not sure what that treasure was, but if Barret is a digger and the treasure is a strong refractor that's going to be used for the rocket, everything match quite well.
    DJ-P0N3
    DJ-P0N3
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Post by DJ-P0N3 Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:34 pm

lol, I guess I had it opposite. I remember reading "areo something something machines". Let's rehash this.

Maybe Aero can come and break something of Tron's and a feud is formed. As for the rocket progress, I had thought it would be a little silly if Barret ended up fighting Tron because they were both going after the same refractor shard for the same rocket, but when Roll had asked Barret for his assistance Tron was never informed. However, it does fit in with the story.
    rekka_zan
    rekka_zan
    Official Musician
    Official Musician

Post by rekka_zan Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:06 pm

DJ-P0N3 wrote:I had thought it would be a little silly if Barret ended up fighting Tron because they were both going after the same refractor shard for the same rocket
    The point where Barret fight against Tron is very early in the game. CMIIW, the demo said it was "Mission 3". Mission 1 was about saving the town from rampaging reaverbots. Mission 2 was a casual jet bike mission (probably meant to be a jet bike tutorial). Mission 3 is where Barret meets Tron for the first time, hence he doesn't know anything about the rocket yet, and I guess that's where the real story starts.

However, it was all a reference from the prototype demo. We can't be sure how the final product would be, but it's a good guideline.
    Nicktendonick
    Nicktendonick

Male Posts : 10

Post by Nicktendonick Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:36 pm

If you go with the trope "let's you and him fight" I'd say that would work well.

Both sides were going after the same item, but neither knew that the other was after it and assumed they weren't friendly. And also, I'm not sure Barret would be open and tell everyone he runs into about what the job is and what he's being hired for. Of course, I don't know what Barret's personality was suppose to be, so that might not work (could someone point me in the right direction to answer that?). Regardless, it's another angle to play it from.

-------------

Back on subject, I'm not sure. Depends on how much we plot we throw into the rocket and when is the rocket actually going to be used.

If the rocket was a major plot point, getting the rest of the components...I'd say little less then a year. If it's almost completed aready and used at the beginning, over a year.

I wonder what Mr. Inafune would say about all this. Did he or someone in the Devroom ever tell or hint towards a answer?

Regardless, I'd still say around 16-17 age range/look would be right. Seems like all anime-inspired protagonists are around that age, and it would work here too. Aero would be 14-16ish, younger then Roll and Tron , and Barret can range from Aero's age to a tad older then Megaman himself.

Or at least, that's my thoughts on it
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Post by General Specific Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:53 pm

Having Barrett run into the Bonnes, without him knowing of their involvement with the whole rocket project, would make sense, and fighting the Bonnes would be just silly—which is it works well, of course. Then, after the tussle, he meets Tron at Roll's camp and, after explaining things in detail, Barrett and Tron apologize for the shenanigans. This would be a great chance to show off some more humble moments in the story.

—Either way, 16-17 is my bet as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:43 pm