Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Should things be taken slowly Adrian?

MaestroMaharg
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

Male Posts : 465

Should things be taken slowly Adrian? Empty Should things be taken slowly Adrian?

Post by MaestroMaharg Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:42 pm

As I'm sure you know, game development doesn't happen overnight, it happens extremely slowly. This thread is simply a "call" to you, Adrian, to clean up the website.

Perhaps you're rushing into things to quickly, in particular, the area in which members may openly submit ideas for the game. My concern is simply that things will become far to chaotic for anyone to handle.

Perhaps it is better to open up these things as they come to us. For example; instead of having seperate catagories for "gameplay, audio, and visual ideas", have one area, for what you have to deal with know, which is most likely something along the lines of: "How should we go about the game's style" This could address how the game will be made in its' simplest form; eg. 2D Platformer, 3D, MUD-Based, RPG etc.

What does everyone else think? Cool
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Should things be taken slowly Adrian? Empty Re: Should things be taken slowly Adrian?

Post by Adrian2040 Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:49 pm

It's a good idea, but I think I should leave the other advanced board so people can start suggesting stuff right now. That will allow us to have a big database of ideas for when we start developing those areas.

I'll still think more about your suggestion and might eventually apply your suggestion if more people support this idea and/or if things really start getting out of hand.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Should things be taken slowly Adrian? Empty Re: Should things be taken slowly Adrian?

Post by General Specific Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:34 pm

It's good to get all the ideas where we can see them—we'll eventually have to decide which ideas will or won't make it into any one of the finished products. We're already taking it quite slowly anyhow, seeing as everything needs to flow in naturally and, well, that hasn't happened yet!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:13 am