Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
QuietlyThinking
Olawale
Leonel
General Specific
Edich
Thanatos-Zero
PixelSprite
Adrian2040
MaestroMaharg
Skybane Zero
14 posters

Weekly Meetings.

Poll

Which day of the week should we hold these meetings?

[ 7 ]
    Weekly Meetings. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap54%Weekly Meetings. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [54%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Weekly Meetings. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%Weekly Meetings. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Weekly Meetings. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Weekly Meetings. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Weekly Meetings. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Weekly Meetings. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 2 ]
    Weekly Meetings. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%Weekly Meetings. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [15%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Weekly Meetings. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap23%Weekly Meetings. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [23%] 

Total Votes: 13
    Leonel
    Leonel
    Official Multitasking Developer

Male Posts : 68

Weekly Meetings. - Page 2 Empty Re: Weekly Meetings.

Post by Leonel Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:12 pm

Rockman Striker wrote:Sunday afternoon is good for me, I´m in Mexico so I believe if you start 5:00 pm it will be 6:00 or 7:00 pm for me.
    I´m already signed on Iscribble, and I feel confident about my english pronounciation so Skype could be an option too, except I don´t have a room for myself and I don´t want to start talking to the computer while my parents are listening (my mother can understand english, the problem is my dad, he could get behind me and start asking me to translate everything for him, even if he isn´t interested in what am I doing, very annoying in my oppinion) I´ve never used an IRC channel so i´m not sure how to use it, but I learn very quickly so I could get used to it in no time.

Just click the link for Web IRC.
    If you want to use an IRC client you have to input the server/host and then the #Channel to join.
    Ben-Hur Pilotti
    Ben-Hur Pilotti
    Official Designer
    Official Designer

Male Posts : 84

Post by Ben-Hur Pilotti Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:40 pm

I wanted Saturday Sad

But I guess it will do! Soon I am on vacation anyways! Very Happy
    Ben-Hur Pilotti
    Ben-Hur Pilotti
    Official Designer
    Official Designer

Male Posts : 84

Post by Ben-Hur Pilotti Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:42 pm

I don't understand how that chat works... someone care to tell me?
    Leonel
    Leonel

Post by Leonel Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:46 pm

Ben-Hur Pilotti wrote:I don't understand how that chat works... someone care to tell me?
    You just click the link, choose your name, and you're ready to go.
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 174

Post by HBV-05-E Raiden Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:18 am

>Make IRC channel and multiple threads for it
    >No-one uses it
    >someone else makes one
    >Everyone goes for it

Well ain't that swell.
    Skybane Zero
    Skybane Zero
    DASH Writer
    DASH Writer

Male Posts : 206

Post by Skybane Zero Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:38 pm

Sorry about that, Raiden. If it's okay with everyone else, we can hold our future meetings over at your channel. Only logical that we should, since it was the IRC channel we created first.

The only thing I don't like about Rizon is how I need to give them my Email to register.
    Leonel
    Leonel

Post by Leonel Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:53 pm

Skybane Zero wrote:Sorry about that, Raiden. If it's okay with everyone else, we can hold our future meetings over at your channel. Only logical that we should, since it was the IRC channel we created first.

The only thing I don't like about Rizon is how I need to give them my Email to register.
    not to be an ass but it's noone's fault that we didn't see the thread, everyone has QT's IRC setup already and it has the partner channel #servbot in the same server. I think we should stay there.
    QuietlyThinking
    QuietlyThinking

Male Posts : 14

Post by QuietlyThinking Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:56 pm

I am sorry that I couldn't make it to the session today I had to drive home.

It doesn't really matter to me what channel we use, ServBot is rooted on freenode but it is hardly a necessity.

Both networks have some of the same features. For example

Rizon:
    http://qchat.rizon.net/?channels=projectlegends&uio=d4

Freenode:
    http://webchat.freenode.net?channels=projectlegends&uio=d4

Skybane Zero wrote:The only thing I don't like about Rizon is how I need to give them my Email to register.
    Freenode uses the same system, you are not really required to register your nick but registering is useful in maintaining your identity on IRC.

Last edited by QuietlyThinking on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:53 am; edited 2 times in total
    Skybane Zero
    Skybane Zero
    DASH Writer
    DASH Writer

Post by Skybane Zero Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:21 am

It's okay, QT, a lot of members didn't make it, actually.

QuietlyThinking wrote:Freenode uses the same system, you are not really required to register your nick but registering is useful in maintaining your identity on IRC.
    Really? I don't recall Freenode asking me for my Email at all.
    QuietlyThinking
    QuietlyThinking

Male Posts : 14

Post by QuietlyThinking Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:49 am

Skybane Zero wrote:It's okay, QT, a lot of members didn't make it, actually.

QuietlyThinking wrote:Freenode uses the same system, you are not really required to register your nick but registering is useful in maintaining your identity on IRC.
    Really? I don't recall Freenode asking me for my Email at all.

Yeh I still have a few emails from freenode in my inbox. I tried registering with rizon and they never sent the email.
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 174

Post by HBV-05-E Raiden Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:05 pm

As I said before, it really doesn't matter what channel we use.

Jeez stop making a big deal about it Zelo.
    Skybane Zero
    Skybane Zero
    DASH Writer
    DASH Writer

Post by Skybane Zero Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:13 pm

I wasn't making a big deal out of it at all.
    But alright, whatever, so long as if you don't mind.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Post by General Specific Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:42 pm

I wasn't able to attend this time due to a conflict, unfortunately. I hope that won't be happening often.
    Skybane Zero
    Skybane Zero
    DASH Writer
    DASH Writer

Post by Skybane Zero Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:12 pm

General Specific wrote:I wasn't able to attend this time due to a conflict, unfortunately. I hope that won't be happening often.
    Thanks for the explanation, Gen. It's no prob.

Very few attended this week's meeting, actually. There was me, Pixel, Olawale, QT and that was it. Since Adrian, our Lead Developer wasn't even present, I wouldn't have even called it an 'official' meeting.

I think most just forgot. That's understandable, of course, since it's a new thing, but I think next week, I'll need to be sending out some reminder PMs...

Last edited by Skybane Zero on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:14 pm

Good idea, actually. I had enough things to worry about this weekend, anyhow, so it's now wonder I forgot.
    Edich
    Edich
    Lead Writer
    Lead Writer

Male Posts : 420

Post by Edich Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:42 pm

Apologies for missing both meetings. Kind of been up to a lot, some of it with my family, which has as much drama seekers as it does average folk with hidden emotional baggage.

But the bulk of my time though has been with gaming. I'm currently going to GM my group in a new system and setting for us(Legend of the 5 Rings for those interested), so I'm spending a lot of time delving into the lore, history, social castes, and game mechanics for the campaign and planning sessions. This, along with the three other games my group is running, the new release of Skyrim, and getting a new computer running, has left me pretty preoccupied.

But since, "I've been too busy having fun" is a pretty dumb excuse and I need to prioritize better, I'm basically here to say that I'm going to try and dedicate the first half of the week(Sunday, Monday, Tuesday), launching off the Sunday meetings, to working on this project as exclusively as possible. It's been too long since I left a giant wall of text in the writing section, anyway.

SZ, I may still need that reminder PM, though. I am easily distracted.
    Skybane Zero
    Skybane Zero
    DASH Writer
    DASH Writer

Post by Skybane Zero Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:11 pm

Edich wrote:SZ, I may still need that reminder PM, though. I am easily distracted.
    Yeah, okay. Although I was originally going to send it out to all Developers anyway this coming Friday/Saturday.

I think it's a routine I'll be keeping up for a while; at least for a month, until people can get used to remembering the meetings on their own.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:09 pm

Good to see you ready to work with us again, Edich. You know, it's been a long time since I've heard a truly magnificent relapse of Edich's Edict, and those big walls of text always give me something to be excited about. It's what I think you do best.
    Edich
    Edich
    Lead Writer
    Lead Writer

Post by Edich Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:18 pm

Good to know, when you write as much as me in a post, you start to get self-conscious of whether you're boring someone or not.

Still love that nickname you have for them.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:23 pm

I should a series of threads called Generally Specific Situations (So to Speak). Or maybe that's what we can call our fan development videos, lol.

—That's assuming we do anything like that in the future for marketing, and that's another topic entirely!
    Skybane Zero
    Skybane Zero
    DASH Writer
    DASH Writer

Post by Skybane Zero Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:58 pm

By the way, I appreciate the explanation, Edich, and I agree, it's good to see you active again.

However, I once again stress this - next time, when you decide to take off to focus your attention on a new game or something, please let me know beforehand so I know to take over your duties in your absence. This is at least the second time now where you've taken off for months without letting anyone know what's become of you, leaving us in the dark as to where to take the writing development.
    Edich
    Edich
    Lead Writer
    Lead Writer

Post by Edich Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:20 pm

Yea, I'm aware, I'll try to stay in better communication.

I dunno, though, besides you, me and the occasional small input from a few active writers, the writing section contributions is mostly other developers outside of our team. Gen, Dashe, Adrian, and Joe being bigger contributors than most of the writers.

Sometimes it doesn't actually feel like I'm leaving anyone on the writing team in the dark, because they're kind of leaving everyone in the dark too, ya know?

Also, writing big walls of texts and getting little discussion back in return drains me rather quickly when I try to spark activity on the section. I feel like I'm talking to myself a lot.

Anyway, hopefully these weekly meetings will give a bit more sense of community and stability than what we have currently and things will go easier. Currently I feel more like a really large contributor to the writing section than an actual Lead, but it's hard to delegate people when you're still in a spit ball phase. You've done more work in that department than me actually.

Anyway, I'm making a thread on the Lead and Dash section here shortly to address some of this, in a sort of round-a-bout way, so keep an eye out for it.
    Skybane Zero
    Skybane Zero
    DASH Writer
    DASH Writer

Post by Skybane Zero Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:47 pm

Edich wrote:Yea, I'm aware, I'll try to stay in better communication.

I dunno, though, besides you, me and the occasional small input from a few active writers, the writing section contributions is mostly other developers outside of our team. Gen, Dashe, Adrian, and Joe being bigger contributors than most of the writers.

Sometimes it doesn't actually feel like I'm leaving anyone on the writing team in the dark, because they're kind of leaving everyone in the dark too, ya know?

Also, writing big walls of texts and getting little discussion back in return drains me rather quickly when I try to spark activity on the section. I feel like I'm talking to myself a lot.

Anyway, hopefully these weekly meetings will give a bit more sense of community and stability than what we have currently and things will go easier. Currently I feel more like a really large contributor to the writing section than an actual Lead, but it's hard to delegate people when you're still in a spit ball phase. You've done more work in that department than me actually.

Anyway, I'm making a thread on the Lead and Dash section here shortly to address some of this, in a sort of round-a-bout way, so keep an eye out for it.
    Yeah, I know what you mean with the inactivity around here, which is why I'm not entirely blaming you. I just feel that the leads have a higher responsibilty to activity than the normal developers.

You are right though. I have, of course, noticed the inactivity with the other writers (and other developers) as well, and noted the big problem in it. It's actually the main reason why I decided to give so much attention to this 'weekly meetings' idea of Leonel's. I feel it will give us all a greater sence of community, as well encourage more activity in members. I think they will also act as perfect opportunies for us leads to distribute work to other members.
    PixelSprite
    PixelSprite
    DASH 3D Artist
    DASH 3D Artist

Female Posts : 205

Post by PixelSprite Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:45 pm

I probably won't be able to participate in the meeting tomorrow. I'll be out for someone's birthday. Let me know if any major decisions are reached, please. Happy
    Skybane Zero
    Skybane Zero
    DASH Writer
    DASH Writer

Post by Skybane Zero Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:58 pm

PixelSprite wrote:I probably won't be able to participate in the meeting tomorrow. I'll be out for someone's birthday. Let me know if any major decisions are reached, please. Happy
    Alright, thanks for letting us know, Pixel.
    Have a good time!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:35 pm