Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
HBV-05-E Raiden
Spirit of Power
Truner
MaestroMaharg
8 posters

Select your own Armor

MaestroMaharg
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

Male Posts : 465

Select your own Armor Empty Select your own Armor

Post by MaestroMaharg Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:23 pm

It's no doubt that the conversation and argument for what Triggers' armor should look like in Megaman Legends 3 was a long one.
    Do we really want to go through all that hassle when we can do something better, and easier (As far as compromising, arguing, and debating):
    Select your own Armor Mml3tr10
    Truner
    Truner
    Official Conceptual Developer
    Official Conceptual Developer

Male Posts : 23

Select your own Armor Empty Re: Select your own Armor

Post by Truner Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:36 pm

This would be awesome. We should make the parts 4 for each type.
    Legends 1, Legends 2, Unity Version 1 (bulky) and Unity Version 2 (slim).
    We could change around the parts in many different ways but we would still be able to get our favorite one if needed.
    Spirit of Power
    Visitor
    Visitor

Post by Spirit of Power Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:08 pm

That'd work, certainly, but perhaps we should make it a series of "armor modules" (for lack of a better term) that change your stats/ looks. For example, the less-armored ones make Megaman move faster, but be less durable, whereas the heavier ones make him move slower, but be more durable.
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 174

Post by HBV-05-E Raiden Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:10 pm

I say that, while making interchangeable armor sounds like a good idea, giving the pieces different stats would end badly. As just for appearance, it'll do, but making it affect gameplay is just asking for problems.
    Mr.Jackpot
    Mr.Jackpot
    Official Programmer
    Official Programmer

Male Posts : 13

Post by Mr.Jackpot Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:40 pm

How about having aesthetic armor and stat armor separated?
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Post by Adrian2040 Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:57 pm

Mr.Jackpot wrote:How about having aesthetic armor and stat armor separated?

How about the "DC Universe" approach. Every armor you use have different stats and appearances, but you can choose which armor to have equipped visually apart from the armor you have equipped for stat-wise reasons. Also, armors varied depending on things like belts, arms, hats, etc.
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 174

Post by HBV-05-E Raiden Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:00 pm

To be honest, I would think that we'd do something similar to the other games, but with more variety. After all, as the game progressed in 2, you could buy better, yet more expensive armors. I'd say we could do that, with all the armors, no matter that stats, look the same. And of course, we could allow "skin" changes with different looking armors, but have the same stats as each other. Stats wouldn't matter on appearance.

Separate the armor choices between, say; A, B, and C. This will alter appearance.

Now, stat armors are gonna be the more important ones. There were Padded, Link, and Kevlar if I remember right, and each had a Standard and Omega, with Omega having defense against knockdown. We can't have Padded A, Padded B, and Padded C, because that would be strange. However, if someone buys A, B, and C, they can switch between the Styles anytime they wish, and it'll always look like that until they switch. The Stat Armors won't change appearance, only stats, and their appearance is modified by the Armor Styles.

General Specific said there should be a special point system for getting the Styles, and I agree. What those points will be, I don't know. We could have them given out with stuff you buy, like in-store points that are passed around the entire game, as in, no specific shop will have it's own points. The more you buy, the more points you get. That, or Junk Shops and General Stores have their own armor style, and if you get enough points from one, you can get the armor that store has.

Buy enough stuff form the General Store, and you can get design C. Enough from the Junk shop, and you can get design A. Of course, these are examples, but still.

/ramble
    Enderiv
    Enderiv
    Visitor
    Visitor

Male Posts : 8

Post by Enderiv Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:49 am

It would be nice to see color options for his armor, not just evil and good, but a whole rainbow of color options.
    MaestroMaharg
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

Male Posts : 465

Post by MaestroMaharg Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:43 pm

Enderiv wrote:It would be nice to see color options for his armor, not just evil and good, but a whole rainbow of color options.
    I'm going to make a poll thread on whether to incorporate an armor-color changing mechanic or not.
    kamperkiller
    Visitor
    Visitor

Male Posts : 9

Post by kamperkiller Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:11 pm

I'm all for the Armor upgrades. Each peace looks different. I love when you get new gear and equip it and you can see the difference in game.

Seeing as how we'll be using more advanced systems it shouldn't bee too difficult to do it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:34 am