Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
LordGarza
MaestroMaharg
PhantomKirin
Rockman Striker
DJ-P0N3
Adrian2040
General Specific
11 posters

Tools, Items, and Upgrades Discussion

General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

items - Tools, Items, and Upgrades Discussion Empty Tools, Items, and Upgrades Discussion

Post by General Specific Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:18 am

Jet Skates, Kevlar Armor, the whole she-bang—this is a thread for discussing all of those wondrous things that can increase Volnutt's core capabilities!

Want to skate around an area at high speeds, shooting everything in sight and jumping from tier to tier? We have those Jet Skates. And there are many other ideas to explore: hover boots, the art of firing down (and up!), wall-jumping—so forth! Upgrades can also be purchased in the Legends games. These include better types of armor, new buster parts, restoratives, and even more. As of right now, we can talk about all of these things here.

Something to get us rollin'!

—And GO!
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

items - Tools, Items, and Upgrades Discussion Empty Re: Tools, Items, and Upgrades Discussion

Post by Adrian2040 Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:25 am

Simply: Jumping and Grinding while using the Jet Skates. (And if we can, flips and/or tricks for no reasons, but could be used for a mini game.)
    DJ-P0N3
    DJ-P0N3
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

items - Tools, Items, and Upgrades Discussion Empty Re: Tools, Items, and Upgrades Discussion

Post by DJ-P0N3 Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:28 am

suction cup shoes are a must.

Seriously though, I like the idea maybe a zipline feature that would allow trigger to get across chasms and such.
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Post by Adrian2040 Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:31 am

DJ-P0N3 wrote:suction cup shoes are a must.

Seriously though, I like the idea maybe a zipline feature that would allow trigger to get across chasms and such.

We already have to include the sprinting on walls and "Falcon Kick" on Trigger. We can't let Barrett outperform him. He should get some upgrades for his legs and feet in order for him to pull of those moves.
    DJ-P0N3
    DJ-P0N3
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Post by DJ-P0N3 Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:35 am

Adrian2040N wrote:
    DJ-P0N3 wrote:suction cup shoes are a must.

We already have to include the sprinting on walls and "Falcon Kick" on Trigger. We can't let Barrett outperform him. He should get some upgrades for his legs and feet in order for him to pull of those moves.

Well Trigger isn't Barrett and I don't think that we need to make him just like Barrett either. In terms of evening things out I think maybe for Trigger we could incorporate something like an air dash and a shoryuken like move that would allow him to attack enemies directly above. That's just my opinion though, and I would be against giving Trigger the same sort of abilities either.

As far as basic accessories go, I think the zipline feature would just be cool and it would be a great way to encourage backtracking and exploration. Plus, imagine if you could do it on vines. I'm picturing an ancient temple ruin with ivy and vines growing everyone. Cool stuff.
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Post by Adrian2040 Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:41 am

Like you said, we need to give Trigger something new that Barrett doesn't have. So far, Barrett from Prototype has more moves than Trigger. The only thing Barrett is lacking is most of Trigger weapons, but since the character you'll use in the Main Game is Trigger then it would be stupid to not allow MegaMan to have some special moves to compensate for this.

Also, Barrett can punch reaverbots.
    DJ-P0N3
    DJ-P0N3
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Post by DJ-P0N3 Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:52 am

Adrian2040N wrote:Like you said, we need to give Trigger something new that Barrett doesn't have. So far, Barrett from Prototype has more moves than Trigger. The only thing Barrett is lacking is most of Trigger weapons, but since the character you'll use in the Main Game is Trigger then it would be stupid to not allow MegaMan to have some special moves to compensate for this.

Also, Barrett can punch reaverbots.

How about a roundhouse kick? We could give trigger a beard and a cowboy hat and-

nvm.
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Post by Adrian2040 Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:00 am

I have an idea.

MegaMan should use a homing aerial spinning punch instead of the "Falcon Kick". Instead of sprinting, his skate jets should also allow him to climb walls. Instead of punching, he should have his trademark Digger Kick. (Now with combos)

While we are at it, there should be a special armor that's gotten through a huge side quest in the game that will allow him to pull of the Shoryuken!

EDIT: The Digger Kick combo should end with a roundhouse kick!
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:50 am

I made a little thread about physical maneuvers a while ago.

First off: being able to use special weapons and/or the Buster while using the Jet Skates will be vital to expanding combat opportunities, as will being able to do a momentum jump with the Jet Skates. From there, we have to understand that Volnutt is more of a long-range attacker and defender compared to Barrett—giving him upgrades a like a mid-air hovering system, well through the game, will help considerably to create that distinction. Being able to use a basic combo system (as I said in the thread I posted) could help as well, and basic wall-jumping offers an escape route out of being cornered in by an enemy and for some platforming as well.

That's a start.
    Rockman Striker
    Rockman Striker
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Male Posts : 211

Post by Rockman Striker Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:20 pm

The mounting weapon backpack feature would be awesome to implement on this one, as for tools how about giving more use to weapons like the Drill Arm, being able to move while using it (Kids, don´t run with the drill arm activated!) although I think this suggestion is better suited for your other post.

It could be cool to be able to upgrade the Jetskates, improving speed, climb altitude (if he could climb like Barret) and Turbo Boost.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:33 pm

Rockman Striker wrote:The mounting weapon backpack feature would be awesome to implement on this one, as for tools how about giving more use to weapons like the Drill Arm, being able to move while using it (Kids, don´t run with the drill arm activated!) although I think this suggestion is better suited for your other post.

Agreed—it opens up room for new kinds of special weapons and, in particular, a hovering pack/boots system as an upgrade later in the game.

It could be cool to be able to upgrade the Jetskates, improving speed, climb altitude (if he could climb like Barret) and Turbo Boost.
    I think that the Jump Springs would be enough for Volnutt. While Barrett has to ability to run up walls, his Prototype missions will probably be less challenging overall compared to what I want to do for the real deal, and maximizing challenge for Volnutt will be important. To counter the wall-jumping, having a hovering system (plus, perhaps, a limited weapon fire propulsion mechanic that can be used by those skilled with it) will make Volnutt more distinct in playstyle, being forced to keep his distance from the opposition and only go in when there's ample opportunity.
    Rockman Striker
    Rockman Striker
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Male Posts : 211

Post by Rockman Striker Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:36 pm

I don't like the idea of a hovering system or hover boots, but how about thrust boots? some kind of jet propulsion that last long enough to make a super jump, it would serve for the same purpose as the hovering system, but that's just my thoughts.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:56 pm

Then it's not really much different, lol. A hovering system can work if you restrict it's usage in just the right ways—take a look at this thread we had on the subject.
    PhantomKirin
    Official Designer
    Official Designer

Male Posts : 44

Post by PhantomKirin Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:35 am

And here, I see that we're describing enhancing Trigger's capabilities, but not so much for Barrett... Odd, that.

Personally, I would give Barrett a special dash shield that lets him go even faster when he runs, allowing for longer jumps, higher wall running, and deal even more damage when he attacks with his melee while he's moving at this speed, but has a limit as to how long you can use it continuously. That would be a good upgrade for him, yes?
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:40 am

People are talking about Volnutt because, honestly, they see Barrett as a test-bed for what Volnutt could do, and I share that sentiment as well. That, and they associate the whole Legends series with Volnutt and this means they care more for him than Barrett. Barrett doesn't need anything more than what the developers gave him—he is a bridge for character design in the series, and there won't be much usage for such an upgrade considering how short the Prototype will probably be.
    PhantomKirin
    Official Designer
    Official Designer

Male Posts : 44

Post by PhantomKirin Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:49 am

Hmmm...

Still, I doubt that Barrett should simply be written off as the "guy who'll only be second chair to Volnutt", especially since no one has actually defined what his relationship with the Casketts are.

Personally, I have a writing idea about who Barrett might be, and I plan to put it down in the very near future as an idea, because I think that the guy is actually a very important character as well. After all, Aero is supposed to be the guy's Spotter, and she was the first thing that the people of the Devroom had a choice on, so that kinda says something...
    DJ-P0N3
    DJ-P0N3
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Post by DJ-P0N3 Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:55 am

PhantomKirin wrote:Hmmm...

Still, I doubt that Barrett should simply be written off as the "guy who'll only be second chair to Volnutt", especially since no one has actually defined what his relationship with the Casketts are.

Personally, I have a writing idea about who Barrett might be, and I plan to put it down in the very near future as an idea, because I think that the guy is actually a very important character as well. After all, Aero is supposed to be the guy's Spotter, and she was the first thing that the people of the Devroom had a choice on, so that kinda says something...

we've actually already written plenty on what "Barrett could be". You should consider posting your thoughts in the proper board, though. Good for organization. Also, the majority of the people who played MML were hoping that the devteam might focus a bit more on the leading man, as opposed to the new guy they made up for the prototype. It rubbed a lot of people the wrong way so most of us just want to tip the scales back in Trigger's favor. You can understand how waiting 10+ years to see a game about MM, and then getting a prototype about Barrett, might ruffle a few feathers, right?
    MaestroMaharg
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

Male Posts : 465

Post by MaestroMaharg Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:08 pm

Megaman shouldn't have all the same abilities that Barrett has, and Barrett shouldn't have the sam abilities Megaman has.

Falcon kock for Megaman. Confused

Now, it would seem odd for the player to go from super quick and agile Barrett, to a now seemingly slow Megaman. So the thing is: Megaman has to remain as agile as Barrett, however, I think we should give him different moves, that would seem more as if they belonged to Megaman, rather than Barrett.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:38 pm

Generally, what I want is a balancing act of sorts: giving Barrett a close-range focus, with some long-range abilities on the side, and giving Volnutt a long-range focus, with some close-range abilities on the side.
    MaestroMaharg
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

Post by MaestroMaharg Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:38 pm

Back at the Devroom, I talked about a jetpack that acted as an attachment to Megamans' backpack that would act as a double jump, that would also allow dodging mid-air.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:59 pm

Jetpacks are something to consider down the road—we had a Platforming discussion over at the Devroom ages ago, and I'm thinking of taking ideas from that discussion primarily.
    MaestroMaharg
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

Post by MaestroMaharg Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:15 pm

General Specific wrote:Jetpacks are something to consider down the road—we had a Platforming discussion over at the Devroom ages ago, and I'm thinking of taking ideas from that discussion primarily.
    Oh, I see. I thought my jetpack idea might have been posted on that topic as well.
    Say, is it too early to start posting tool ideas in the peer-review section, GenSpec?
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:18 pm

It sure isn't—if you want to discuss regarding Barrett and how we're going to go through with his overall design, there's a forum for that too. Feel free to contribute.
    MaestroMaharg
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

Post by MaestroMaharg Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:13 pm

MaestroMaharg wrote:
    Falcon kock for Megaman. Confused
    -_-
    I just noticed that...
    Should that be censored? Ecstatic
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:25 am

Not my call—I'm the immature one in this thread, lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:25 pm