Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Edich
MaestroMaharg
General Specific
DJ-P0N3
8 posters

character outfits

Poll

which versions of the character's costumes did you want to go with?

[ 6 ]
    character - character outfits  I_vote_lcap30%character - character outfits  I_vote_rcap [30%] 
    [ 1 ]
    character - character outfits  I_vote_lcap5%character - character outfits  I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 10 ]
    character - character outfits  I_vote_lcap50%character - character outfits  I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 3 ]
    character - character outfits  I_vote_lcap15%character - character outfits  I_vote_rcap [15%] 

Total Votes: 20
    DJ-P0N3
    DJ-P0N3
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

character - character outfits  Empty character outfits

Post by DJ-P0N3 Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:51 pm

As far as the outfits go, what are you guys interested in going with? Did you want to make this the original costumes, redesigns or a mix of both?
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

character - character outfits  Empty Re: character outfits

Post by General Specific Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:05 pm

A mix. For example: I think we could get some of the visual frippery going on with Barret's current design, and perhaps even the silly-dilly arm sleeves for Aero. Aside from that, though, Ishihara's new designs were great and fit the game well. Finding a way to incorporate old designs, such as Volnutt's armor from the original game and Roll's old attire, would be a possibility as well, at least for New Game+.
    MaestroMaharg
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

Male Posts : 465

Post by MaestroMaharg Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:09 pm

I think that we can take the designs the DevRoom had made previously, and then we can change it accordingly to get it exactly as we want it. Better than the DevRoom did it!
    Edich
    Edich
    Lead Writer
    Lead Writer

Male Posts : 420

Post by Edich Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:09 pm

Yeah, I'd prefer a mixture. Seeing some of the old costumes would be nice. And new stuff would be interesting as well. The Bonne's were supposed to receive a costume update, too, I think, but I don't believe we ever saw that.

I'll agree with slight modifications to Aero and Barrett but it's mostly moot to me. I'll just never understand detached sleeves...
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:10 pm

We could do redesigns on the Bonnes—they don't need to be changed much, of course, but there's nothing wrong with varying the design up to reflect any changes in character.
    DJ-P0N3
    DJ-P0N3
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Post by DJ-P0N3 Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:13 pm

Well I was mostly referring to the original main cast. To me it seems like the original devteam's focus on these new characters is partly what led to the project's convoluted downfall. For that reason and a few others those two characters have been put on the back burner in my mind. However, I would like to tone down the western themes in Aero's design. It really doesn't suit the atmosphere, imo.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:01 pm

That downfall, of course, is now the result of Capcom executives only thinking that the only people willing to buy the Prototype was around 15,000 Devroom members—crazy, no?
    PixelSprite
    PixelSprite
    DASH 3D Artist
    DASH 3D Artist

Female Posts : 205

Post by PixelSprite Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:20 pm

Not so much to do with the poll, but about Barrett's design. Looking at the post about Megaman's final design in the Devroom, I noticed this comment from Art Director Ishihara:
    The "newness" I tried to show with Design E will be shown with Barrett, and I'll aim to preserve MegaMan's look from the previous titles while still making him seem a bit cooler than before, if only on a subconscious level.

As a result, I'm currently planning to change Barrett's design in a big way!
    Does that change anything?
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Post by Adrian2040 Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:28 pm

Should we include the obvious Barret skin for MegaMan?

And I'm not talking about armor parts. I mean an actual Barret skin, as in using the Barret 3D Model instead of MegaMan. (Though in the storyline he would still be called MegaMan and there would also be the real Barret.)
    Edich
    Edich
    Lead Writer
    Lead Writer

Male Posts : 420

Post by Edich Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:34 pm

@Pixel: Only if we want it to. In all honesty, Barrett already exudes "newness" to me. Is there really any more "newness" we want to add?

I know some people have gripes with the top-knot/pony-tail, and I kinda think the goggles over the face-plate looks a little weird, but otherwise he's already a solid design.

@Adrian: Sounds like new game + material. I feel it's too much of a novelty as just a skin/playstyle shift thing IMO, but it would still be fun. I'd also love unlockable apron Megaman for new game +.
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Post by Adrian2040 Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:56 pm

Edich wrote:@Pixel: Only if we want it to. In all honesty, Barrett already exudes "newness" to me. Is there really any more "newness" we want to add?

I know some people have gripes with the top-knot/pony-tail, and I kinda think the goggles over the face-plate looks a little weird, but otherwise he's already a solid design.

@Adrian: Sounds like new game + material. I feel it's too much of a novelty as just a skin/playstyle shift thing IMO, but it would still be fun. I'd also love unlockable apron Megaman for new game +.

We would just implement our animation and and graphics for Barret from our Prototype version. Voice Acting and story shouldn't be changed at all. It would be an unlockable skin for MegaMan, but he would still be MegaMan despite looking like Barret.

Last edited by Adrian2040N on Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:53 pm

Just make it a New Game+ option for those who beat the game and saved their ending file. People will love it—dig?
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 174

Post by HBV-05-E Raiden Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:55 pm

GS's idea should work. It's a simple one that no-one really complains about.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:12 pm

Another reason why Miyamoto made Wii Fit: most people who bought it didn't complain about it. And, really, that's a justified reason.
    Dashe
    Dashe
    V.I.P. Contributor
    V.I.P. Contributor

Female Posts : 120

Post by Dashe Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:38 pm

Edich wrote:@Pixel: Only if we want it to. In all honesty, Barrett already exudes "newness" to me. Is there really any more "newness" we want to add?

I'm one of those people who isn't fond of the ponytail...but I'm sure the goggles are there to hide the fact that he really has beady green eyes like Gramps's. Razz
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:00 pm

Cut the ponytail—it doesn't look practical to keep up, and I'd think the bike would be more prized by a bike gang member than his hair-style. Furthermore, it's just more hair that can catch fire and perhaps—well, I don't know, burn off part of his face!

—As you can see, he's still got the audacity to have such hair after that accident.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:12 am