Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Multiplayer?

Nicktendonick
    Nicktendonick
    Official Conceptual Developer

Male Posts : 10

Multiplayer? Empty Multiplayer?

Post by Nicktendonick Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:08 pm

this morning when I awoke, my mind thought about multiplayer.

While multiplayer is much, much harder to implement, if done right it could add much more life into the game, and inspire more people to play.

There's two ways it could be done. the first would be a story-less multiplayer (which I what I mostly wrote about) and a co-op story mode, giving additional information about the plot, and just showing how the rest of the world is reacting to the events during the game. If done the later, then you could make it just like the game, but the Hub might wanna be cut for customization features instead.

Anyway, my written notes on a "arcade-ish" multiplayer
    ------------

Co-op digs - Players work together to go through dungeons to get the refractor at the end.

2 to 4 players in at least three modes.

Co-operative - Players work together through a dungon to get the refractor at the end.

Counter-operative – One player or players head for the refractor while other players become mooks who fight alongside the reaverbots to stop the digger’s progress. I'd say the enemy players become reaverbots, but that'd be tougher to implement. Based off Perfect Dark’s Coutner-op mode.

VS. – Players work against eachother and fight against eachother to get the refractor at the end

Team Vs – Co-op version of the previous mode. Groups work together to be the first team to snag the refractor at the end.

For multiplayers, I’d say take a note from Touhou Hisoutensoku’s multiplatyer, where everyone connects to eachother. Avoids that whole “server” thing and makes it a peer to peer connection.

Characters can be of two sets.

One would be a MMU style create your own character, with parts gained from the main game and multiplayer to customize your player.
    The other choice I think would be to have fixed characters…namely, the other megaman characters. MegaMan-classic, Bass, Protoman, Axl, Giro, etc.

Dungeons would be hard to randomly generate and be good. You would need to make complex puzzles with it and keys that are randomly placed and can be stolen from eachother (but enough that you don't need to. Like you need 3 keys out of 5). So I’d say have designer levels. 5 would be a good start if the lower part holds true.
    I’d say what to do would be to have random enemy spawns (if I could have my way, it’d be using the L4D AI director) to send out reaverbots, to prevent things from getting stale and forcing players to stay on their toes like they would if this was a real life dig.

You can damage the environment to cut off attacks/foes, such as shooting locks above big doors to force them close for a short bit. All explorers can use the environment, so why not here too? Add in environmental hazards

--------------

What do you all think? Good idea, bad idea, and is it something worth to implement?
    rekka_zan
    rekka_zan
    Official Musician
    Official Musician

Male Posts : 68

Multiplayer? Empty Re: Multiplayer?

Post by rekka_zan Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:17 pm

I think we should focus on the single player mode right now. When the project is finished and we still want to continue, multiplayer might be a good idea to implement as an additional feature.
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Post by Adrian2040 Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:40 pm

So far we don't have any plans for multiplayer. Still, thank you for your contribution.
    Nicktendonick
    Nicktendonick

Male Posts : 10

Post by Nicktendonick Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:43 pm

Thank you. I appreciate it. It came to me in the morning, and I knew I had to let this out into the world.

I think we should focus on the single player mode right now. When the project is finished and we still want to continue, multiplayer might be a good idea to implement as an additional feature.

True that.

Not in the beginning phases would it be a good idea. Later on far after proof of concept I'd say would be when to start putting it together, followed by actually doing it after we complete the main game.
    ONLYUSEmeFEET
    ONLYUSEmeFEET
    V.I.P. Developer
    V.I.P. Developer

Male Posts : 32

Post by ONLYUSEmeFEET Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:28 pm

It'd be hard to top Megaman Deathmatch (DOOM mod) for Megaman Multiplayer. I love the idea, but I'd think it'd be best if servers were not involved in the project. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:29 am