Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
nikklament
General Specific
Zanoh
7 posters

Final Plot / Villain

Zanoh
    Visitor
    Visitor

Final Plot / Villain Empty Final Plot / Villain

Post by Zanoh Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:41 pm

My idea for a final plot and villain:

Final Plot: In the likely event the master system failed and was deactivated, the program can activate a backup plan to release the seal of an ancient android demon, a relic of the past. This villain would know the origins of Megaman Volnut for its creator fought against him only to fail. This villain would then unleash chaos upon the world with robots from the past (some of which could be the old robot masters from the megaman series (Air Man, Wood Man, Shadow Man, ETC).

Villain:

I was thinking of submitting this guy as the Megaman Legends villain, I call him "Kain / カイン"

Final Plot / Villain Kain

I even have a chibi version of him for donating to aid Japan during the tsunami crisis:
    Final Plot / Villain Chibis_for_japan__kain_by_nekoshiei-d3e5dj5
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Final Plot / Villain Empty Re: Final Plot / Villain

Post by General Specific Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:22 pm

—I don't think this is going to work, Zanoh. The problem here is that we already have another series of antagonists planned out for Project Legends—they comprise the Elder System, which was revealed as an emergent plot point at the cliffhanger ending to Legends 2. And, finally, not that many Legends fans want to tangle with some ancient android demon that summons Robot Masters for the sake of it.
    nikklament
    nikklament
    Official Multitasking Developer
    Official Multitasking Developer

Male Posts : 47

Post by nikklament Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:21 pm

I say that one of, if not THE final boss, should be whatever we decide controls the Elder System. I like Kain's design, but IMHO the whole android demon summoner should be dropped because it doesn't fit in with any Mega Man game. If his design could be tweaked a bit to look more robotic, or maybe have a mechanical body under that cloak, I could see him as being a recurring boss, similar to Glyde from The Misadventures of Tron Bonne.
    PhantomKirin
    Official Designer
    Official Designer

Male Posts : 44

Post by PhantomKirin Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:00 am

Personally, I could see him as a villain, but not for the Elder System. Instead, he could be a member of a group of mysterious people, seeking to take control Teomo, only to end up finding themselves in a bit of trouble when the Elder System rears its head.

Also, I would like to think that the Elder System isn't going to pop up all in one massive burst, but in slow increments over time, which would probably mean that MML3 might not be the last entry for said series if it is taken in that direction. But we're getting ahead of ourselves on that one, yes?
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:57 am

That's what the Prototype is for, PK: gradually furthering the ES plot while Barrett's little prologue is going on, before Volnutt arrives just as stuff is started to get serious.

As for villains: we'll no doubt have plenty of characters in Legends 3 worthy of character development, which is considered one of the main draws to the Legends plot and style (aside from, of course, the usual System set-up). Bringing in more villains than necessary would add more to the list—I'd like to consolidate that list and focus on a tighter plot.
    HalcyonDays
    HalcyonDays
    Official Designer
    Official Designer

Post by HalcyonDays Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:08 pm

General Specific wrote:That's what the Prototype is for, PK: gradually furthering the ES plot while Barrett's little prologue is going on, before Volnutt arrives just as stuff is started to get serious.

As for villains: we'll no doubt have plenty of characters in Legends 3 worthy of character development, which is considered one of the main draws to the Legends plot and style (aside from, of course, the usual System set-up). Bringing in more villains than necessary would add more to the list—I'd like to consolidate that list and focus on a tighter plot.
    I agree with the General. There doesn't have to be so many villains to the point where it's difficult to write for them all.

In fact, there's also the possibility of perhaps restoring previous villains, or antagonists from the previous games in the series, so long as the idea isn't too ridiculous, of course.

One thing to keep in mind though is to make sure that the villains selected to be used ARE actually appropriate for the feel of the series as a whole. If you'll remember, so far, the noted "villains" of the series, aren't really "evil" per say.

Reaverbots seem to be machines just doing their jobs, though they can be kind of menacing sometimes.

The Bonnes, whilst being notorious air-pirates, aren't really big, bad, gloomy, angsty villains or rivals, and radiate their own, sometimes comically evil, charm.
    Same thing with Glyde, Bola, Klaymoor and all those other characters.

As for the big bad Master System bosses, Juno, Geetz and Sera, well...
    Juno was merely a Bureaucratic Unit that was following the System's protocol, and didn't really have any real vice towards Megaman. (At least until his second form comes around. Twisted Evil )

Geetz was merely looking out for Sera's well-being, and Trigger's goals at the time conflicted with his, as well as put Sera in harm's way.

As for Sera, while her goal "seemed" to be the ultimate destruction of all carbons and Megaman Trigger, there was also that other side to her that merely wanted acceptance from the Master, and a better understanding of what exactly was going on.

All in all, so far, none of the villains have expressed a desire to "just be evil for the lols" like how it seems to be with other Megaman Franchises, with Wily and Sigma.

tl;dr: Make sure any villains you choose are within the general scope, feel, and personality of the Legends series, and try not too incorporate too much of the "ultimate evil" sort of thing when we get to the bottom of whatever the Elder System actually is.

Last edited by HalcyonDays on Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    MaestroMaharg
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

Male Posts : 465

Post by MaestroMaharg Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:54 pm

The artwork is fantastic.
    But, as numerous others have made obvious, I think the character is way too out of place for the Megaman Legends universe. It looks far too anime-ish to me. But once again, the artwork is great.
    HalcyonDays
    HalcyonDays
    Official Designer
    Official Designer

Post by HalcyonDays Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:04 pm

Right, I feel the same way as Graham.

The artwork for Kain is certainly very well-drawn, but he just doesn't seem to ring true to the original feel of the Legends series, in my opinion.

Anyways, has anyone considered possibly bringing back certain villains/antagonists from the previous Legends games?

The original trio of games gave us such an awesome cast of characters, each with their own vibrant personality.
    Characters such as Bola, Klaymoor, Glyde, Loathe all seem to have quite a well-built basis for their characters, however, we never really got to REALLY see what kind of spark they could've added.

In other words, there's still a good amount of potential behind their characters.
    Thanatos-Zero
    Thanatos-Zero
    Official Conceptual Developer

Male Posts : 17

Post by Thanatos-Zero Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:03 pm

The final villian... I think it will be Dr. Vile reborn from the Model V Lifemetal or it is Master Thomas, who has been successful of reseting the world.

Last edited by Thanatos-Zero on Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    MaestroMaharg
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

Post by MaestroMaharg Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:30 pm

I don't really think so, since it's almost a unanimous decision to avoid cross-overs completely. That means no Dr.Vile, or Master Thomas.

Also, no to sound naggy, but your signature is pretty big, mind shrinking it down a little?
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:08 pm

Mine's big too, and you never complain. Double standard, or is it okay for me to have a big hat?
    Thanatos-Zero
    Thanatos-Zero

Male Posts : 17

Post by Thanatos-Zero Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:23 am

We should stay at topic though, instea of talking about the sizes of signatures.

Now let me explain, why I think it is necessary to have a villian like Dr. Vile or Master Thomas around. I was even considering to reuse Ra Moon from Super Adventure Rockman again.

As we heard from interviews, Megaman Legends is set in the far future of the timeline and while we are at it, it becomes clear that the villians of ZX have to win so that the world will end up to be reseted in order to set up the conditions for the world of Legends, which is covered by endless waters.

In the end we need these villains or rather their inheritors to built up the connection from ZX to Legends.
    MaestroMaharg
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

Post by MaestroMaharg Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:48 pm

To be honest, I don't think Capcoms' version would've linked the connection between ZX and Legends. If you were to ask me or, I'd opt to keep Megaman Legends completely seperate from the other series. I think more than a few people would like that as well.

Also, @General Specific
    The hat is fine, it really accentuates your character. How, I don't know.
    The main reason the Thanatos' bugged me just a little bit was because it was easy to get mixed up with the message and the signature, whereas your is a picture.

General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:33 pm

You can just as easily create a new character that still works within such a need to put two and two together and not reuse an old dog with no new tricks. That's what we're going to do—and, at this point really, it'd be hard to convince me otherwise.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:56 am