Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Ben-Hur Pilotti
KarasuShiro
6 posters

Looks like its my turn now

KarasuShiro
    KarasuShiro
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 24

Looks like its my turn now Empty Looks like its my turn now

Post by KarasuShiro Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:08 pm

Hello.

My name is Tanguy Vandewalle, i was Ben-Hur Pilotti's "assistant" on project "Chip" on the megaman legends 3 mascot contest. Just Call me Karasu or Shiro, whatever you like.

About me..well... i'm 25, man , i live in Belgium, i'm single...er...forget it. XD

I play violin, i'm a writer of a sci-fi book wich is scheduled to normally comes in store before 2012.

I'm fluent in english and i have some writting experience as well as some experiences at creating projets (mostly coordination, revisions, well, the social stuff, not the programming stuff) if ya need more details about me, just ask or better...lets let Ben say a word. i'm not good with that XD

Glad to meet ya'll , i hope this project will rise and that i can provide help.
    Ben-Hur Pilotti
    Ben-Hur Pilotti
    Official Designer
    Official Designer

Male Posts : 84

Looks like its my turn now Empty Re: Looks like its my turn now

Post by Ben-Hur Pilotti Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:10 pm

*high fives*
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Post by Adrian2040 Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:12 pm

Welcome to our headquarters! If you're willing to help, then apply in the Recruitment Center. You can still help by giving us support.

The Blue Bomber will continue to rise!
    KarasuShiro
    KarasuShiro
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Post by KarasuShiro Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:41 pm

Thanks, i hope can help ^^

*high fives Ben*
    Skybane Zero
    Skybane Zero
    DASH Writer
    DASH Writer

Male Posts : 206

Post by Skybane Zero Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:01 pm

Tanguy! Very Happy Welcome aboard!
    Thanks again for the you-know what. Wink
    KarasuShiro
    KarasuShiro
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Post by KarasuShiro Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:26 pm

Thanks Zero Wink i'm happy to see you here as well ^^
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Post by General Specific Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:54 pm

Welcome, my friend and co-worker. Want a teeny martini, or shall we go into the cosmos instead?

—I'd like to know about this book you're getting published, actually. What'zit about?
    KarasuShiro
    KarasuShiro
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Post by KarasuShiro Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:42 am

No alcohol on me, trust me its better...i can become very..."kinky" when i drink. Apple juice will be enough.

About my book... ouch, that can be a very long answer...i'll try to make this short and clear as much as possible.

My book is about space adventure. not quite the "hey lets look at that planet over there" space adventure, no no. For starters, the only environement is on the spaceship. its rather a "flying city" than a simple ship , but lets call it "the ship' to stay clear. In the introduction of the book, a little "backstory" is explained : at the end of the 2nd millenium, mankind began to use a new power source based on the photon. saddly for them, even if that new energy was better in almost all points, the planet's ecology was already too much damaged, but if it was too late to save the earth , it was not over for its population. they spent the folowing years building two huge ships in order to travel in space to find another planet. at the begining of the 3rd millenium , 3047 to be precise, earthlings (including humans, AI, cyborgs etc...) the two ships + a smaller one wich serves as food and stock laboratory (using clonage for food...yeah i know xD) went to space. With photon-engines it was easy to get out of the milky way...but then the search began...

Logically, two ships were not enough to get all earthling, each one got around 50 millions persons (all races / species included) and each one of those ships are commanded by a military commander.

The "main" ship (meaning : the one where most of the story happens) commander soon felt the need to have a proper militia in order to keep things quiet. Exept for that, the ships "mentality" was left mostly free and there was no religious or whatever restrictions , just the law system. But in the shadows, the commander was building his own personal soldiers, not wanting to "involve" the "citizens". Using the most talented scientist, psychologist and military ressources , he began a project of "super soldiers" , accelerated grown humans wich superior DNA and capacities but "programmed" to do their work an only that, no feelings, no identities.

of course that project was kept secret of the citizens, to not "stress" them...

Unfortunately, even in a sitiuation like this, crime and madness can rise, and soon the "lower bridge" of the ship saw criminals and drugged sociopaths rise. the commander had no other choice but to "seal" the lower bridge of the rest of the ship, as the ship cannot be expanded, there was not enough militian to regulate the whole ship. all acces to the upper bridge were sealed exept for those delivering supplies like food and medicamental substances. The lower bridge had to survive by themselve and so the decided to engage citizens as "hunters" to try to stop the crimes.

3075, the prototype of the 7th "generation" of militian is being tested. compared to the previous version, this generation have just slighty ameliorated skills, but they have a fast regeneration system, allowing them to endure high damage. 701 is the "name" of that prototype, like all the ones before, he had his brain operated to cut the "feelings" parts, but after a violent training and an intense exposure to photon (wich was implimented into his body to help the regeneration) , things began to be messy. the prototype went berserk and broke free of the lab and "fell" into the lower bridge after a chase. Assuming the prototype was dead during his fall, no one went search for him... He survives, badly wounded and not knowing at bit of the way of "living as a normal being"...he is then soon found by two citizens and then, all begins.

wow...that was a mouthfull...well i hope you like it XD as i said in another topic, i write my book in french so i having some hard time to "summarize" the begining of the story in a foreign language ! xD anyway, the story is splitted in two "point of view" , one being is "701" point, wich is more violent and fighting based , the other one is the point of view of his female teammate that he encounters shortly after his fall. She is a "hunter" of the lower bridge and she and 701 have to work on as a team in order to stop crime, but they dont quite get along very well as he is only "a soldier" and have no feelings (in the begining, the regeneration is not there for nothing xD) and she is a fighter but with high morale and tries a lot to make 701 be more "human", sometimes they split up, so does the story, telling each of those adventure on separate ways.

Time is also an important thing, the story is almost 3 years long, and i plan to add at least one "alternative" ending, wich is gonna be up to the readers to choose wich one the want, both of them having good and bad stuff happening and both of them are open to an eventual sequel (if i can XD)

thats it...for the basics xD i'm planning to make a site with an internal mini-wiki and a webcomic project is on work too. there are already some artworks (made by Ben Pilotti here xD)

hope its not too confusing, again i'm not yet adapted to explain it in english ^^'
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Post by General Specific Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:50 am

Crikey—reminds me of the zany novel idea I once had involving implanting the minds of humans into mecha, lol.
    KarasuShiro
    KarasuShiro
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Post by KarasuShiro Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:00 am

hehe ^^ well, i do not pretend to write something "never done before" as they say : all musical notes has already been used in music. i just want to make a good story ^^ well, looks like you have enjoyed, i'm glad ^^
    rekka_zan
    rekka_zan
    Official Musician
    Official Musician

Male Posts : 68

Post by rekka_zan Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:19 am

At first I was like, "Wow, this sounds like a serious version of Wall-E!" But then I realize that the concept of the militia project is almost similar to Megaman Legends' "Master System". The "hunter vs militia" part is similar to Megaman Zero's Reploid Wars. 701 is like Zero, and the female counterpart is bit like Ciel (although Ciel is a non-combatant). We sure can use some of your ideas here Laughing
    KarasuShiro
    KarasuShiro
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Post by KarasuShiro Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:01 am

rekka_zan : i did not played megaman legends nor zero, sounds like i do have to take a look at those..XD well about 'using my ideas here' well... i dont know if the dark tone would suit megaman legends 3 that much... anyway, if you are going to use my ideas, ask me first ok? XD i dont want to be accused of "plagiarism" if my book share the same ideas of this project.. XDDD that would be...weird
    rekka_zan
    rekka_zan
    Official Musician
    Official Musician

Male Posts : 68

Post by rekka_zan Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:16 am

No, I didn't mean "using your ideas" by using the the same story as your previous project. What I meant was that you should contribute ideas to this project because your previous work has a similar theme to Megaman, so you'll know what might fit for a Megaman story Laughing
    KarasuShiro
    KarasuShiro
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Post by KarasuShiro Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:24 am

AHHHHH !! makes sense now !!! xD well i'll try to help and give ideas for the story yeah ! i did have not realized that my ideas can 'fit' in a megaman game... thats good to know, thanks Wink and er sorry if my words armed you, 't was not the idea XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:27 am