Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
KayneArgand
SeeFly
HBV-05-E Raiden
Maverinox
smalltrouble
Truner
General Specific
Adrian2040
Maddey_Linqs
MaestroMaharg
14 posters

Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline

Poll

What did you think?

[ 2 ]
    Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline I_vote_lcap13%Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline I_vote_lcap56%Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline I_vote_rcap [56%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline I_vote_lcap25%Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline I_vote_rcap [25%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline I_vote_lcap6%Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline I_vote_rcap [6%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline I_vote_lcap0%Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 16
    MaestroMaharg
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

Male Posts : 465

Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline Empty Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline

Post by MaestroMaharg Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:22 pm

As this is an extremely rough outline, it will be in point form. Please note that I have a much more complete version at the ready if needed, anywho, here we go;

First "Chapter"
    -Tron and Roll create a rocket to rescue Megaman
    -Megaman returns to find the Casketts waiting in anticipation, and the Bonnes no where to be seen
    -Megaman ventures onto a dig with his trusty friend/sister Roll at his side, once again.
    -On the island in which large ruins are located, reaverbots are seen attacking civilians
    -Megaman aids the civilians in defeating the Reaverbots.

What is the plot all about?
    -The massive carbon reinitilization program activated in space has caused Reaverbots to surface from their Ruinous resting places, and begin to terrorize the inhabitants of various islands. Megaman must now go from island to island, defending the civilians of the islands, and stopping the endless onslought of Reavebots for the Ruins in wich they come from, via "deactivation modules" (temporary name). Whilst, as the same time, being constantly weary of the Bonne family.
    Maddey_Linqs
    Maddey_Linqs
    Official Conceptual Developer

Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline Empty Re: Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline

Post by Maddey_Linqs Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:35 pm

Aren't the Bonnes allied with the casketts and even with Bluecher (maybe except for Roll and Tron)? What deviates them again as pirates in this series?
    MaestroMaharg
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline Empty Re: Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline

Post by MaestroMaharg Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:45 pm

@Maddey_Linqs

Actually, If I'm not mistaken, the scenario for the official Megaman Legends 3 was in which the Bonnes are once again an enemy of Megamans', beleive it or not!

But hey, this is OUR game now. I just thought that the game wouldn't be at all the same without the Bonne fights. Wouldn't you agree tht we need Bonne fights for one more time around.
    Maddey_Linqs
    Maddey_Linqs

Post by Maddey_Linqs Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:56 pm

I saw the Bonne fight on the prototype gameplay over at youtube. Can't really get to think what made them start a fight again :/

Well..that's what the writing dept's about.
    MaestroMaharg
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

Post by MaestroMaharg Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:07 pm

i've actually got an entire scenario written out in complete detail. Now, you've gotta remember that in the end, the Bonnes are in it to win it! (For the money that is)...
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Post by Adrian2040 Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:33 pm

We need to consider the ending of Legends 2 and the involvement of the Bright Bats team. Barrett will not be playable when Trigger comes back, but the Bright Bats should still be part of the storyline. Especially Aero and Barrett. Don't forget Yuna, Sera and Roll's mother's body.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Post by General Specific Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:33 pm

There should definitely be a place for the Bright Bats—they work well as new characters, adding character and a human element to Teomo and its suburbs, and will make for good character development.

As far as I'm concerned: this is a good start. I'd like some more development of the Elder System in the plot, but this describes the general flow of the game I've envisioned as well, and IMO this would work nicely. Having multiple islands centered around Klickelan, the main island, is a good choice as well. There are many things to consider here!
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Post by Adrian2040 Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:41 pm

Let's not forget that the Bright Bats are not the only gang around. In fact, they're the weakest link.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:43 pm

—Indeed. To that end, Bright Bats-focused missions could deal with local events in Teomo, such as biker gang shenanigans in particular.
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Post by Adrian2040 Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:46 pm

Also, they should be connected to Trigger enough to help in bring him back and to somehow be somewhat important in the storyline. (Around the importance of the Bonnes.)
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:47 pm

Barrett was set to be a financial benefactor, digging for refractors to pay for Roll's rocket ventures. A plot element to be re-used, perhaps?
    Truner
    Truner

Male Posts : 23

Post by Truner Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:08 pm

The storyline looks okay, but we shouldn't forget that Rock probably knows more stuff now, since he spent some time outer space... we can't just make him return and go all "let's dig".
    With memories and the foreshadowing ending of DASH 2, it's just not right to make him return and continue digging, oblivious of what happened.
    Maddey_Linqs
    Maddey_Linqs

Post by Maddey_Linqs Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:23 pm

Wait. How is Barret connected to the Bonnes and Roll? I get the he's part of a gang but no one really knows about him part...but... Crap. Did I miss something after Legends 2?! Or was their any important plot development on unity that I was too lazy to read back then?!
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Post by Adrian2040 Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:31 pm

We don't know how is he connect to both of them. Maybe he meets them in Prologue and/or one of the members is a friend/family of Roll or Tron or whatever.

We will need to invent something good for this. That's why we have MANY writers.
    Maddey_Linqs
    Maddey_Linqs

Post by Maddey_Linqs Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:47 pm

Oh. Good. I didn't miss anything. Yet. I'm still on the same wave. Phew.

Lessee...Everyone watched the 9 minute trailer right? Where Barret was giving his bike for a spin? We could use that as a means where he and Aero see the ending part of MML2 (Rocket building part).

...This should be moved to the Writing development thread already since people are brainstorming over it.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:00 pm

I'll go ahead and dig through old Devroom threads for useful material—if there's anything I'm really good at, it would be my scribe abilities.
    MaestroMaharg
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

Post by MaestroMaharg Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:01 am

Please tell me and give your input on the following addition to the outline:

Before each deactivation module, lies a guardian, in standard Megaman Legends form. eg. collecting the 4 keys. However this would be made much more interesting than it was in Megaman Legends 2...
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:41 am

You deactivate key network nodes that form the central structure of the Elder System, which is based in the Klickelan Islands.—Eventually, you head down into the depths of Klickelan Island to deactivate the central node of the Elder System.
    smalltrouble
    smalltrouble
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 36

Post by smalltrouble Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:40 pm

When you try to deactivate the central node a mysterious person appears who you battle but when you have nearly killed him he vanishes leaving a note behind. The note explains the Elder System as a type of reminder for players. He deactivates the central node and collaspes from a type of force that was released when he deactivated it.
    Maverinox
    Maverinox
    Official Designer
    Official Designer

Male Posts : 12

Post by Maverinox Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:27 pm

In my opinion:

The Bonnes would be there when he gets back. The Bonne's situation is kinda funny. I feel like they are both friend and foe to Trigger.

Because of this, I feel they would stay until he gets back, than after a small celebration, Tiesel would say something along the lines of "Well Blue Boy, you made it back, and I bought you dinner. Next time we see each other, we'll be enemies once more, so watch out!"

haha. I'm no writer, but I feel something somewhat similar would happen.
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 174

Post by HBV-05-E Raiden Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:40 pm

Maverinox wrote:In my opinion:

The Bonnes would be there when he gets back. The Bonne's situation is kinda funny. I feel like they are both friend and foe to Trigger.

Because of this, I feel they would stay until he gets back, than after a small celebration, Tiesel would say something along the lines of "Well Blue Boy, you made it back, and I bought you dinner. Next time we see each other, we'll be enemies once more, so watch out!"

haha. I'm no writer, but I feel something somewhat similar would happen.

Yeah, I get the feeling that the Bonnes would fight over the treasures in the ruins, yet help Megaman out in deactivating the ruins. They're not gonna let innocent people get killed by Reaverbots, yet they're still gonna want the money. They're kind of like friendly rivals.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:49 pm

@smalltrouble: That just feels way too abrupt for the plot to end like that—it's anti-climactic, and the whole point of ending the System arc with this game is to give it a fulfilling, climactic end. Just fighting the guy straight-up would be more fitting and, honestly, more interesting.

And, yes, the Bonnes would end their truce once the Blue Boy returns—they'll just go back to failed business ventures, competing for treasure in ruins, and being nice people when all is said and done.
    SeeFly
    SeeFly
    Official Marketing Member

Male Posts : 11

Post by SeeFly Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:20 pm

Truner wrote:The storyline looks okay, but we shouldn't forget that Rock probably knows more stuff now, since he spent some time outer space... we can't just make him return and go all "let's dig".
    With memories and the foreshadowing ending of DASH 2, it's just not right to make him return and continue digging, oblivious of what happened.

I'm not an official developer... yet Wink But I'd like to throw in my 2 cents.

But I completely agree with the quote above... If you guys had noticed from the gameplay trailers, Barret was fighting off reaverbots within a town.

MML3 footage VIDEO

I think that probably had something to do with the Elder System being reactivated since the reaverbots seem to be attacking carbon civilizations.

This is where the story is going to drift away from the good ol' days of MegaMan digging the ruins looking for the "mother lode" and become more of a "SAVE THE WORLD" scenario.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:35 pm

It's very much to do with the Elder System in the long run, though I think that, once you notice the Eden satellite looming over that Teomo suburb, this began around the time of the ending to Legends 2.
    SeeFly
    SeeFly

Male Posts : 11

Post by SeeFly Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:58 pm

I always wondered what the eden satellite exactly does?

Do the large pillar-like objects crush the city or do they shoot a laser beam destroying everything within vicinity. Or does it release reaverbots like an army of locusts like in the video? I guess that's all speculation that we can make a reality lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:41 am