Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
HBV-05-E Raiden
PixelSprite
General Specific
7 posters

Special Weaponry Discussion

General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Special Weaponry Discussion Empty Special Weaponry Discussion

Post by General Specific Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:28 pm

Apparently, I'm the one making the big discussion topics in this forum—thank me later.

It's about how time we get some discussion going regarding what special weapons would be in a Legends III game. Special weapons are an important part of the Legends experience, providing customization and replayability for the average Legends player, and adding variety to how you want to play as the gung-ho teenage Digouter you are! In the past, there's been a good variety of projectile-based special weaponry, as well as some more physical special weapons to add some much-needed variety. For this game, we need to strike a good balance and provide special weapons that offer plenty of use for the player, without breaking the game for players (unless, of course, they want to use the Shining Laser!).

So let's get shellin'!Here's some idea material!

Last edited by General Specific on Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:17 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding in idea thread from Devroom!)
    PixelSprite
    PixelSprite
    DASH 3D Artist
    DASH 3D Artist

Female Posts : 205

Special Weaponry Discussion Empty Re: Special Weaponry Discussion

Post by PixelSprite Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:37 pm

In one gameplay video (where you can see the 3ds but not the touch screen) they seemed to be going for on-the-fly weapon swapping. Barrett was running around with his normal equipment, and then it looked like the touch screen was used and he suddenly had the multi-barreled baster which he uses on a reaverbot.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:40 pm

Consider the fact that we're using computer controls (which is my best bet for now, though figuring out a control scheme for veterans for gamepad isn't a bad idea). You can map SW selections to a number key and switch on the fly—how convenient and practical would that be? Very!
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 174

Post by HBV-05-E Raiden Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:09 pm

Welp, we'll need a homing missile weapon, several explosive weapons, a rapid-fire weapon, maybe blade and shield arms, SHINING LASAAAAR, and some other stuff. Oh, and the drill arm. I imagine we're giving both Barret and Megaman SWs, since Barret had some stuff as well.

One idea I though of was a spreadfire of explosives, sorta for mid-range combat. The closer an enemy is, the more small explosives pelt it. At higher attack levels, it could even knock down a charging Sharukurusu, and the Special might be the size of the explosions.

Just an idea, of course.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:22 pm

I added a thread that can get some ideas rolling—one of the earliest Devroom thread for special weapons speculation. Remember: we never did have an Event for SW, which means we can go to town without having to worry about other's previous submissions or even what the devs came up with.
    DJ-P0N3
    DJ-P0N3
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Post by DJ-P0N3 Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:46 am

Shockwave attack (it would damage all enemies in the immediate vicinity and knock back enemies that were slightly farther out)

charging barrier (this would involve an energy shield that you could use to attack your enemy while using your jet skates. It would damage and knock back the enemy when you used it, and would negate projectile and rushing attacks when it was up)

charge shot as part of a secret weapon augmentation

shrapnel bombs (self explanatory)

wind cannon (this would involve shooting a spiral gust of of wind towards the enemy that would damage and toss them.

har are sum drawrings

Special Weaponry Discussion 5pra86
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Post by Adrian2040 Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:53 am

Should I include in this topic the fact that MegaMan's armor will need upgrades to pull off the "Falcon Kick" and the Sprinting? (Plus the classic Jet Skates)
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:57 am

I like all of those, DJ—integrating the Charging Barrier into the Shield Arm would be better, I think, because you could then still be able to shield while stationary. I especially like the Wind Funnel, but it could also be integrated with the Vacuum Arm to create the Funnel Arm, which can do the functions of both special weapons. Finally, the Charge Shot is old news—I'd like it to be an upgrade that the player can use.

@Adrian: Let's leave those ideas for the Tools Discussion thread, where we'd be able to talk about new game mechanics related to tools like the Jet Skates.
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Post by Adrian2040 Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:01 am

I've been thinking of upgrading the drill weapon. Basically, MegaMan can dash with the drill and attack things in front of him. He would be able to make a mini frontal dash when using it in the air.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:02 am

—Don't know about the air-dash function myself, but using it in conjunction with the Jet Skates = Drill Lance! I've been interested in the concept for a while.
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 174

Post by HBV-05-E Raiden Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:47 am

B-but...

Rocket Drills!

Ah screw it, we'll just use Rocket Punches.
    DJ-P0N3
    DJ-P0N3
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Post by DJ-P0N3 Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:11 am

General Specific wrote:I like all of those, DJ—integrating the Charging Barrier into the Shield Arm would be better, I think, because you could then still be able to shield while stationary. I especially like the Wind Funnel, but it could also be integrated with the Vacuum Arm to create the Funnel Arm, which can do the functions of both special weapons. Finally, the Charge Shot is old news—I'd like it to be an upgrade that the player can use.

@Adrian: Let's leave those ideas for the Tools Discussion thread, where we'd be able to talk about new game mechanics related to tools like the Jet Skates.

I had thought of both of those connections, though I wasn't sure how to implement them best. The reverse vacuum arm is probably best, I suppose. it seems like a weaker weapon anyhow, so it fits pretty well for when you're zenny farming if you could switch back and forth. I had intended to allow the Charging Barrier to be a stationary thing as well, and it could definitely be an upgrade of the shield arm.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:13 am

Glad we've gotten that straightened out, then.

Before I quite for the early morning, I'm-a go make that one thread where we can talk about Jet Skates!
    Rockman Striker
    Rockman Striker
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Male Posts : 211

Post by Rockman Striker Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:30 pm

Nitro arm: A gauntlet like weapon charged with nitroglycerin, that it´s able to blow in pieces a reaverbot with a couple punches. A giant explosion occurs when in contact, a massive explosion can be achieved by upgrading it. Can be equipped by Megaman or Barret whoever you think fits most.
    Enderiv
    Enderiv
    Visitor
    Visitor

Male Posts : 8

Post by Enderiv Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:12 am

z saber in mml 2 was by far my favorite weapon. i would love to see a similar weapon. love dj-pon3's idea for the charge shot. maybe some buster attachments that add elements to your normal buster shots.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:06 pm