Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

D-Pad Special Weapon Swapping

MaestroMaharg
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

Male Posts : 465

D-Pad Special Weapon Swapping Empty D-Pad Special Weapon Swapping

Post by MaestroMaharg Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:23 pm

Somebody mentioned that the Prototype version of Megaman Legends 3 had "On-the-fly special weapon swapping" So I'm guessing we'll want to carry that over to out version, am I right?
    anyways... here's my idea:

why not have the ability to assign special weapons to a slot, and the be able to instantly change them with the D-Pad?

Perhaps at the beggining of the game you can only store 2, and then with an upgrade you can switch between 3 special weapons.
    D-Pad Special Weapon Swapping D-pad_10
    Note: The bottom button on the D-Pad should probobly always be reserved for the "grabber".

Edich
    Edich
    Lead Writer
    Lead Writer

Male Posts : 420

D-Pad Special Weapon Swapping Empty Re: D-Pad Special Weapon Swapping

Post by Edich Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:29 pm

Well, right now we're working on a keyboard set-up since this is going to be on the computer platform. But since we've already discussed hot-keying over in the dev section, this would be a good way to do it with an analog joypad.

Why not bring this up in the dev section, my man? You're a developer, after all.
    MaestroMaharg
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

Male Posts : 465

Post by MaestroMaharg Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:45 pm

@Edich

Oh my, I totally forgot about that.
    and yes, I was thinking that this would be how it would be done on a gamepad.
    i suppose we could use they 1-4 keys for the keyboard controls?
    Edich
    Edich
    Lead Writer
    Lead Writer

Male Posts : 420

Post by Edich Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:00 am

It seems the mouse-wheel will be most likely integrated for SW swapping at the current moment, since the mouse will be most likely responsible for camera movement/firing. Keyboard hotkeys would probably be for items, actually.

If we want to make the D-Pad hotkeying more diverse, we could always allocate just one spot to SW swapping(and probably limit it to just 2 SWs at a time). Where you just cycle through them. Then we could have the other three D-pad buttons for hotkeying items. Such as you're energy canteen, hyper cartridge, and maybe even chameleon net if we actually make it useful.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Post by General Specific Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:28 am

While this is definitely something to consider for gamepad controls, I'm working on a finalizing a control scheme for keyboard and mouse, one that will take advantage of what our new platform offers us—gamepad controls, that said, won't be forgotten.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:25 am