Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
KayneArgand
SeeFly
HBV-05-E Raiden
Maverinox
smalltrouble
Truner
General Specific
Adrian2040
Maddey_Linqs
MaestroMaharg
14 posters

Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline

Poll

What did you think?

[ 2 ]
    Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline - Page 2 I_vote_lcap56%Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [56%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [25%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [6%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 16
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline - Page 2 Empty Re: Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline

Post by General Specific Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:59 pm

They contain tens of thousands of Elysian Reaverbots, which would swiftly depart from the satellite and, well, rape every Carbon individual in sight with whatever they have packing.
    MaestroMaharg
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

Male Posts : 465

Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline - Page 2 Empty Re: Rough Outline of my complete Megaman Legends 3 storyline

Post by MaestroMaharg Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:03 pm

@Truner

Don't worry, I've thought all about that issue, that "Megaman knows what's happening"...

Remember how Sera was to go to Terra and spend time with the Carbons as "punishment" of sorts. Sera could have very well been the only one who knew what the Carbon Reinitilization program did exactly. And whith her gone, who to know exactly?
    KayneArgand
    Official Conceptual Developer

Post by KayneArgand Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:18 pm

Keep in mind, though: The main plot of Mega Man Legends is that the Casketts are looking for the Mother Lode so that they can find Roll's parents (well, Dad now, since Amelia's body's been found.)

The Bonnes are very obviously following the Casketts around, because 1: They know that Mega Man has the power to find the Mother Lode. and 2: Tron's head over heels for Mega Man.

... While I do like your plans to have Reaverbots run rampant on the world of the Carbons, I don't like your plans to re-introduce the Carbon Reinitialization Program. Data did permanently cease all attempts at executing the CRP again, and both Master and the Mother Units wouldn't be able to execute the Program even if they wanted to (Master's dead, Yuna's on Trigger's and the Carbons' sides, and Sera's down for the count.)

In any case, Purifier Mega Man Trigger is the only remaining person who can set off the CRP, but do you really think he'd want to? We could even call him Master Unit Mega Man.

In conclusion, I think we should stick to the base plot of the MML series, bring Mega back, call the Caskett/Bonne truce off, then go back to searching for the Mother Lode. Throw the Bright Bats in for some comedy and Aero fanservice (<3), then tie up all the loose ends, namely finding the Mother Lode, reuniting Roll with her parents, and Mega Man realizing his role as one of Master's most cherished creations.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:23 pm

—Are you paying attention to the plot to begin with? Legends 2 ended on a cliffhanger, with Yuna and Sera mentioning the activation of the Elder System. They didn't say nice things about it either—ignoring a potentially-big System-related plot point outright is not what the fans expect, and going back to family matters would just feel contrived.

There never really was much of a family-matters plot in the last two Legends games. Legends 1 revolved around dealing with the Bonnes, protecting Kattleox and, finally, saving the whole local population from the CRP. Then, of course, it was a mad dash to find the keys to Elysium, with Roll's own quest being a more private matter. I won't doubt the importance of reuniting with her mother, but Roll is one character out of many, and there's still an overarching plot to the series. And, to clarify: we've already met Roll's dad, who's married to a new wife and leading a new family instead.
    MaestroMaharg
    MaestroMaharg
    DASH Designer
    DASH Designer

Male Posts : 465

Post by MaestroMaharg Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:08 am

wait, GenSpec, you aren't talking to me are you?
    KayneArgand

Post by KayneArgand Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:26 am

He's talking to me, Maestro. Man, it's been forever since I played the MMLs. Time to fire it up again, THEN I'll come here and suggest plotlines.
    Nightgazer13
    Visitor
    Visitor

Post by Nightgazer13 Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:27 pm

Adrian2040N wrote:We don't know how is he connect to both of them. Maybe he meets them in Prologue and/or one of the members is a friend/family of Roll or Tron or whatever.

We will need to invent something good for this. That's why we have MANY writers.

Just from what I gathered from interviews and pics and such, I think Barret meets Roll when she is commissioned by Teomo's police to make/pilot a robot capable of twarting the biker gangs. Barret and co. likely beat the crap out of it, and upon hearing her plight Barret would agree to help (thus him going on digs). There was also a scene where Barret was fighting one of the Bonnes (Tron, I think). The only reason I could see for this would be Tron doing some digging of her own to finance the rocket and then meeting Barret. Since Tron and Roll have very different ideas of how things should be done Roll probably neglected to mention that she'd hired Barret and Tron likely didn't tell anyone where she'd be digging. Hence the fight and meeting between Tron and Barret.

On another note, I think this is a good basic premise for the story, but in order to keep Barret and co. relevant we should probably have Teomo be a sort of hub area that the players will need to return to often. Just my two cents, there.
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 174

Post by HBV-05-E Raiden Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:41 pm

Just from what I gathered from interviews and pics and such, I think Barret meets Roll when she is commissioned by Teomo's police to make/pilot a robot capable of twarting the biker gangs. Barret and co. likely beat the crap out of it, and upon hearing her plight Barret would agree to help (thus him going on digs). There was also a scene where Barret was fighting one of the Bonnes (Tron, I think). The only reason I could see for this would be Tron doing some digging of her own to finance the rocket and then meeting Barret. Since Tron and Roll have very different ideas of how things should be done Roll probably neglected to mention that she'd hired Barret and Tron likely didn't tell anyone where she'd be digging. Hence the fight and meeting between Tron and Barret.

On another note, I think this is a good basic premise for the story, but in order to keep Barret and co. relevant we should probably have Teomo be a sort of hub area that the players will need to return to often. Just my two cents, there.

Actually, this is what I had been thinking would happen. I think we should try to stick with this, and just sorta roll from there.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:52 pm

Teomo was already guaranteed to be the hub city, as was Kattelox—nothing else that needs to be said there. If you looked carefully at the release art, though, you can see multiple islands around the main part of Teomo—these islands, of course, would probably have growing suburbs on them, and it looks like Barrett and the crew lived on one of those islands. Something to keep in mind!
    PhantomKirin
    Official Designer
    Official Designer

Male Posts : 44

Post by PhantomKirin Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:07 am

And of course, there's still the mysterious connection between Barrett and the Casketts to consider...

I just had a idea. What if Barrett's surname is actually Volnutt, which would lead to an explanation that states the origin of Megaman's surname(namely, how he got it), thus making him a sort of distant, Carbon cousin(since Megaman is adopted, obviously) to the blue bomber, and well...

The rest gets somewhat more complicated, but I'm working on it, kitsu...
    HalcyonDays
    HalcyonDays
    Official Designer
    Official Designer

Post by HalcyonDays Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:55 pm

I know you guys have probably covered this in the Development HQ, but I'm surprised that no one's mentioned the Klicke Lafonica?

AKA "The Fire of All Creation?"

It seems as though that's supposed to be a HUGE part of the main game's storyline, and where the Prototype leaves off.
    Skybane Zero
    Skybane Zero
    DASH Writer
    DASH Writer

Male Posts : 206

Post by Skybane Zero Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:17 pm

HalcyonDays wrote:I know you guys have probably covered this in the Development HQ, but I'm surprised that no one's mentioned the Klicke Lafonica?

AKA "The Fire of All Creation?"

It seems as though that's supposed to be a HUGE part of the main game's storyline, and where the Prototype leaves off.
    The Klicke Lafonica has actually been a chief topic of discussion here, although mainly in the Dev section. (sorry, the 'Idea' boards are kinda outdated. Tongue )
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:10 pm

Since you're a Developer now, you have access to to Development forums—seeing as most of the members here are Developers, we don't get much use out of the public forums, and I'd like to discuss this more in our own space.
    HalcyonDays
    HalcyonDays
    Official Designer
    Official Designer

Post by HalcyonDays Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:59 pm

Ah, thanks for the clarification everyone.

Sorry, it's taking a while to catch up, you guys have covered a good amount of material! It's all rather interesting though, so no harm there. Just consider that last post of mine here to be from a non-developer's naivete.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:47 am