Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
SeeFly
HBV-05-E Raiden
Truner
Maverinox
megaman093
9 posters

Storyline Ideas

megaman093
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Storyline Ideas Empty Storyline Ideas

Post by megaman093 Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:18 am

I see that there are some ideas floating around and I wanted to give some input.

1- We don't really need barrett and aero or at least not use them in the exact way the development team was going to. really they didn't seem to reveal anything about megaman or the actual storyline so don't limit your focus to what they were working on.

2- Main villains. If this game is a continuation of the original storyline we need new villains and a reason for their existance. The mothers have both gone over to megamans side so all thats left are reaverbots and likely other units like Juno. I think that the bosses for MML3 should be made up of other purifier units. Remember that megaman is simply a first class purifier unit. What about second or third class units? And what about a leader or even other first class purifiers? There were 2 mothers there have to be more purifiers, maybe ones that activate now that megaman and both mothers are malfunctioning.

3- We need to be thinking about a conclusion. I like the idea of having megaman travelling to islands and protecting them from reaverbot attacks. The reaverbots I assume have become active as part of the carbon reinitialization program so we can have them at times leave the ruins and come out on the surface.

Do we want connected dungeons like MML1?

How many extra ruins can we add for exploration?

How will megaman lose all of his weapons this time?

There are a lot of questions to answer, maybe we should make a list of questions and possible answers, then create an overall outline for the plot and fill in the details as we go along. Any thoughts?
    Maverinox
    Maverinox
    Official Designer
    Official Designer

Male Posts : 12

Storyline Ideas Empty Re: Storyline Ideas

Post by Maverinox Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:21 pm

To answer the "How will megaman lose all of his weapons this time?", we could say he removed them. He is in his place of origin, Elysium. He could find out a near-infinite amount of information from the past there, including his original form. That could be what he looks like now, but I feel he would have had more than just his normal buster. Perhaps he would have had a more powerful buster? I don't know. I'm just throwing ideas out there. Basically, he would remove his weapons so he could put in his original tech.

Being a fan game, we can add as many ruins as we want, right?

I personally think most of them should be connected. I loved that about MML1.
    Truner
    Truner
    Official Conceptual Developer

Male Posts : 23

Post by Truner Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:24 pm

One thing is sure. Mega Man has to see Aero naked. Or something along the line... err... you guys know what I mean. Joke's been pulled in each episode, so yeah.
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 174

Post by HBV-05-E Raiden Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:40 pm

Barret and Aero were going to be fairly major characters, so omitting them or downplaying their role isn't really fair. Even if they're playable in only helping build the rocket, we still need to give them a somewhat important role. For all we know, Barret could be somehow related to the Elder system.
    SeeFly
    SeeFly
    Official Marketing Member
    Official Marketing Member

Male Posts : 11

Post by SeeFly Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:47 pm

Hey guys, I'm fairly new... But I think we should stay true to what the original developers intended. Barret WAS going to be a main character and was going to tie in somehow to the overall plot of the game. I think we should literally stay on track with the storyline that the developers were on and not stray from the path. All the work that they had put into the game should not be in vain.
    Maddey_Linqs
    Maddey_Linqs

Post by Maddey_Linqs Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:52 pm

How Megaman losses his weapons will again have to be Roll's fault due to having a tight budget with building rockets, Megaman's "currently equipped" weapons we could do with how he gets back to Terra like it being destroyed/damaged upon landing or something like that.

As for threats. Well. There's more questions;
    Why does Elysium need reaver bots?
    Did the reaverbots exist before the Elysians?
    The Master made the carbons to replace the original humans right?
    Why did they even go extinct in the first place?
    Did the Master really make Reinitialization Programs over every Island on Terra? That's pretty hardcore of him to allow genocide.
    For what purpose does the Eldar System exist for (currently being discussed over another thread)?
    And What is that big-ass reaverbot like thing behind glyde's fortress at Nino Island?
    Edich
    Edich
    Lead Writer
    Lead Writer

Male Posts : 420

Post by Edich Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:45 am

Maddey_Linqs wrote:How Megaman losses his weapons will again have to be Roll's fault due to having a tight budget with building rockets, Megaman's "currently equipped" weapons we could do with how he gets back to Terra like it being destroyed/damaged upon landing or something like that.

Considering he's getting a new suit, we can also easily state that the equipment is no longer compatible

As for threats. Well. There's more questions;
    Why does Elysium need reaver bots?

Cheap labor, security, grunt work, the general reasons you'd have mooks amok for.

Did the reaverbots exist before the Elysians?

The Elder System existed before Elysium did, and most ruins are actually of the Elder System, so yes.

The Master made the carbons to replace the original humans right?

The Carbons were not originally made for this purpose. They are more or less just test subjects, possibly for ascertaining Terra's living conditions. The Master did change his mind, though, and believes the Carbons have the right to live freely. So sort of yes

Why did they even go extinct in the first place?

A popular theory is that they are all just simply data or in a stasis at the current moment, waiting to re-populate or what have you.

Did the Master really make Reinitialization Programs over every Island on Terra? That's pretty hardcore of him to allow genocide.

Pretty much, I don't the Master founded the system, however. And once again, he changed his mind about Carbons.

For what purpose does the Eldar System exist for (currently being discussed over another thread)?

Yeah, we're discussing it. Best to keep it in the dev section. It's quite the large plot point, after all.

And What is that big-ass reaverbot like thing behind glyde's fortress at Nino Island?

Glyde's fortress on Nino Island? You mean Calbania, right? It appears to be an Eden satellite. Which probably means that it suffered a CRP at one point. Calbania is rather barren, Shu, Appo, and Dah are it's only residents, and it's one of the very few places with Reaverbots above ground, after all.

As for the OP's points. Discussion of the main villains and the game's conclusion should be kept on the dev section for spoiler reduction, though we should probably ask the fans at some point about what criteria they have in mind for an appropriate conclusion that we can then specify ourselves.

There certainly are a lot of questions to be answered. Our current concern is to fill in the blanks for the prototype, since that is what we're starting with and we have a pretty good base there already. After that, we have our MML3 questions to consider.
    Sciver
    Sciver
    V.I.P. Contributor
    V.I.P. Contributor

Male Posts : 51

Post by Sciver Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Being that there are several threads for this, it's difficult to tell whether I should post here or not, but as the things I have to say are directly related to the initial post...

The Elder System doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the Master System. We are only told that the Master System replaced it. Thus the elder system could be some type of war system or a series of systems that originally supported the planet-born society before humans left for Elysium. Feudalism vs Communism in other words. It could also be that the elder system was shut down to to -programming errors- that led reaverbots and other type units to become erratic and malfunction, that is, every system was self contained, and did not have a central error checking system like Elysium to control it, thus leading normally docile machines, like those for mining, cleaning, etc, to become feral and attack. This is a central theme in every megaman game after all.

Megaman's equipment is a moot point. Roll sold it to fund the rocket, and Megaman, or rather Trigger, could only carry one piece with him. Considering the number of reaverbots and the length of time he's likely spent on Elysium, his existing weapons and parts may have broken down or been cannibalized for other uses.

Carbons were not originally sentient human-like beings. According to MML2 the master took the Betas of Terra, and -gave- them lives and individuality... A point which I recall Sera being somewhat irate and confused about.

Most of Elysium's reaverbots, if you'll notice, are visually somewhat different in design from most. They appear less designed from natural things, and more abstract, being more like machines designed specifically for security or combat purposes. Elysium's security force may not be reaverbots in the same sense as the machines in ruins are reaverbots.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Post by General Specific Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:26 am

There are numerous possibilities regarding the ES, and the problem with making a plot around it is that everyone has a different idea of what kind of connections they want to make between the ES and other plot elements—case in point, I might connect the two Systems together in a successive relationship, while you clearly aren't doing that, lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:46 am