Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Some music ideas

foiden
    Lead Musician
    Lead Musician

Some music ideas Empty Some music ideas

Post by foiden Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:34 pm

I had one tune which was originally set in place for sort of a discovery in the ruins. This one was a good bit on the technological side along with being also mixed with an old ruins site. It's almost a tribal yet technological dream.

I have it here:
    Here's an example of it here from my account. It's not long, but this was more of a snippet idea for something bigger.

https://files.me.com/akaimizu/rxnf0l.mp3

I've done renditions of various MM games before, so I'm also capable of doing stuff in their style and taking it either more orchestral, electronic, or a mix of rock aspects into it. I'm in the midst of going back to listen to more of the MML music to re-ascertain the feel of those games outside of the regular Rockman works.

This wasn't done with the idea of being directly spooky or scary as much as it was to be mysterious and such. Definitely not a (way down deep in the dank) song, but more of the initial curious nature of a relic discovery. If scary is the intention, I'd do a very different style.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Some music ideas Empty Re: Some music ideas

Post by General Specific Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:29 pm

It has that Calinca Ruins vibe, mixed with Nino Ruins at that.

When it comes to ruins, they don't all have to have scary music—mysterious is just right, and creating an unsettling mood can be done with various means. Makoto Tomozawa did a swell job making atmospheric BG tracks for the ruins in Legends 1 and 2—because his style of music is easy to understand and reproduce, IMO, recreating what he was doing for Legends and then going to a new level of instrumentation and depth would be more than possible.
    0Dash0
    0Dash0
    Official Musician
    Official Musician

Male Posts : 53

Post by 0Dash0 Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:33 pm

It's definitely not bad...but there isn't a whole lot of variation to it.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:36 pm

—That's another thing too: longer, more varied tracks are something that Legends has been lacking for a while, mainly due to memory constraints. Everything should loop nicely but, without some healthy variation and inventive plays on any harmonic, rhythmic, or melodic elements of the track, the piece eventually gets boring. Thinking about development can definitely wait until the basics of a track have gone into place, but it's something to consider.
    rekka_zan
    rekka_zan
    Official Musician
    Official Musician

Male Posts : 68

Post by rekka_zan Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:55 pm

This music reminds me to Shevat BGM from Xenogears! Very Happy
    I think this would fit to some kind of underwater ruins, where the action is few and player would focus on exploring and solving puzzle rather than shooting enemies.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:57 pm

But son! One of Legends' greatest achievements over Zelda is its combat! We can't just ignore that!

—Woop, now I'm talking about ruin design again, lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:06 am