Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Some of my ideas

nikklament
    nikklament
    Official Multitasking Developer
    Official Multitasking Developer

Male Posts : 47

Some of my ideas Empty Some of my ideas

Post by nikklament Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:03 am

Here are a few ideas I have, submitted for your evaluation. I'm leaving out anything about Barrett until I read up on him and the Prototype some more.
    *There should be a city destroyed during a battle with the Bonnes (or someone else) that you can rebuild, like in the first two games, just for consistency's sake.
    *One of the boss fights should be against another Purifier Unit, or some other unit in the Master System.
    *Data Dance, if it's possible to work that in.
    Edich
    Edich
    Lead Writer
    Lead Writer

Male Posts : 420

Some of my ideas Empty Re: Some of my ideas

Post by Edich Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:27 am

1. Of course, it's a Legends tradition to level cities and force Megaman have Megaman kindly offer his own hard-earned money to rebuild cities. Considering Barrett's biker gang status, he may even be responsible for some wanton destruction himself.

2. I don't think this'll work. It certainly is an interesting idea, but we have to remember that the Master System is deactivated. Also, Trigger had quite the rampage before Sera and Yuna stepped in, there may not be any left to talk about. The Master System is still a bit ambiguous, but I believe that taking the Elder System approach(something we're discussing in the dev section) could help better understand it. And speaking of the Elder System, who isn't to say they don't have their own Purifier Units? I'm certain they'd end up with their own Aberrant Units after all.

3. We would never cut the Data dance, that's just silly.
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Post by Adrian2040 Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:32 pm

Roll: I'm sorry MegaMan. I sold your weapons to Barret in order to make the rocket.

I just thought of this random idea. What do you think?
    PixelSprite
    PixelSprite
    DASH 3D Artist
    DASH 3D Artist

Female Posts : 205

Post by PixelSprite Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:35 pm

It'd give them a reason to be rivals, at the very least.
    Edich
    Edich
    Lead Writer
    Lead Writer

Male Posts : 420

Post by Edich Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:44 pm

I personally want to avoid a rivalry, friendly or otherwise, between Barrett and Megaman. Too many Megaman titles do it already, and Legends has the Bonnes.

I picture Megaman and Barrett as almost like a Buddy Cop show, where their differing personalities serve to better define each character, while occasionally getting on each others nerves. No need for animosity.

But Roll selling Megaman's equipment would be a nice recurring gag. Though, considering Barrett is low on the biker gang totem pole and doesn't seem to ever be fully equipped, I don't think he'd be able to afford Megaman's equipment.
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Post by Adrian2040 Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:54 pm

Edich wrote:I personally want to avoid a rivalry, friendly or otherwise, between Barrett and Megaman. Too many Megaman titles do it already, and Legends has the Bonnes.

I picture Megaman and Barrett as almost like a Buddy Cop show, where their differing personalities serve to better define each character, while occasionally getting on each others nerves. No need for animosity.

But Roll selling Megaman's equipment would be a nice recurring gag. Though, considering Barrett is low on the biker gang totem pole and doesn't seem to ever be fully equipped, I don't think he'd be able to afford Megaman's equipment.

Roll: I'm sorry MegaMan. Barret found your weapon stash and sold it to buy his motorbike. Don't blame Barret. He didn't know they were someone else's.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Post by General Specific Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:48 pm

Getting the Data Dance is easy to do when you get the animator to watch all the frames, herp.

Barrett, as Edich said, should be a friendly rival, something of a foil for Volnutt. Volnutt could take on some of Barrett's quirks as the game progresses, and vice versa for Barrett—excellent opportunity for character development, which is something this series has done well on thus far.

As for Purifiers: I wouldn't be surprised if there are some MS Purifier Units left—you could fight one and, post-battle, the defeated PU could retell Volnutt/Trigger his viewpoint of seeing Trigger ram through the System's own defenses, intent on shutting the whole joint down. This PU would have lost his own comrades to a former role model for the PUs—understandably, he'd be at a loss as to why Trigger would do such a thing. This kind of backstory development could work well with a few fights with some ES Purifiers, who never even knew Trigger.

I'd like to see a big Reaverbot raid on Teomo somewhere around the middle of the game, where parts of it could get leveled if you aren't quick enough to defeat the opposition. This would also provide a dilemma for the player, being forced to choose which parts of Teomo to preserve first.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:14 am