Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Skybane Zero
General Specific
Nightgazer13
Adrian2040
8 posters

Wait a moment now! Was Capcom's plan to make us do free publicity for them?

Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Wait a moment now! Was Capcom's plan to make us do free publicity for them? Empty Wait a moment now! Was Capcom's plan to make us do free publicity for them?

Post by Adrian2040 Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:57 am

Is this Capcom's mean way to make free publicity or am I just being paranoic now. Apparenly, the Capcom-Unity US Devroom is now accepting Servbots again.

These last few days we can't just trust Capcom anymore...
    Nightgazer13
    Visitor
    Visitor

Wait a moment now! Was Capcom's plan to make us do free publicity for them? Empty Re: Wait a moment now! Was Capcom's plan to make us do free publicity for them?

Post by Nightgazer13 Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:52 am

Could be. After all the fuss that was Operation Rainfall maybe they thought this would give them some attention. However, Capcom's decision making has been questionable of late, so I wouldn't count on any sudden un-cancellings.
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Wait a moment now! Was Capcom's plan to make us do free publicity for them? Empty Re: Wait a moment now! Was Capcom's plan to make us do free publicity for them?

Post by Adrian2040 Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:51 pm

Nightgazer13 wrote:Could be. After all the fuss that was Operation Rainfall maybe they thought this would give them some attention. However, Capcom's decision making has been questionable of late, so I wouldn't count on any sudden un-cancellings.

I'm not counting on any un-cancelling either. At least not soon.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Post by General Specific Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:13 pm

Right now, I wouldn't be surprised if they continued their passive-aggressive behavior just to get a few more bucks from us fans, or if they kept canceling and restarting the project to hype the game until the end of time. Let's wait and see.
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Post by Adrian2040 Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:14 pm

General Specific wrote:Right now, I wouldn't be surprised if they continued their passive-aggressive behavior just to get a few more bucks from us fans, or if they kept canceling and restarting the project to hype the game until the end of time. Let's wait and see.
    I doubt that they'd cancel it again if they ever restart it. It would not only be a horrible stab at us, but it is also a stupid move and a waste of money.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Post by General Specific Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:23 pm

I expect nothing but stupid moves from stupid executives, Adrian—after the massive plummet that Capcom has taken, I wouldn't be surprised if they plummeted further from their own faults.
    Skybane Zero
    Skybane Zero
    DASH Writer
    DASH Writer

Male Posts : 206

Post by Skybane Zero Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:07 pm

General Specific wrote:I expect nothing but stupid moves from stupid executives, Adrian—after the massive plummet that Capcom has taken, I wouldn't be surprised if they plummeted further from their own faults.
    ^This. After the cancelation of MML3, I've stopped doubting how many more stupid mistakes Crapcom can make. If I heard that tomorrow they were going to attempt to fly to Mars to see if they could get extra sales from the Martians, I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised.
    WhiteBonne
    WhiteBonne
    Official Programmer
    Official Programmer

Post by WhiteBonne Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:13 pm

Adrian2040N wrote:Is this Capcom's mean way to make free publicity or am I just being paranoic now. Apparenly, the Capcom-Unity US Devroom is now accepting Servbots again.

These last few days we can't just trust Capcom anymore...

They never stopped accepting them.
    Jesse
    Jesse
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Male Posts : 35

Post by Jesse Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:50 am

Perhaps. But hey, if it meant that Legends 3 would resume production, then I don't care.

I really wish this was all just a big troll. I hope to GOD it's just a big troll. I want Legends 3 that badly.
    prince_david
    prince_david
    Official Programmer
    Official Programmer

Male Posts : 59

Post by prince_david Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:15 am

Over 10k in the DevRoom now. In a couple of days, more users joined then the total of the amount of time the DevRoom was opened.
    WhiteBonne
    WhiteBonne
    Official Programmer
    Official Programmer

Post by WhiteBonne Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:27 am

prince_david wrote:Over 10k in the DevRoom now. In a couple of days, more users joined then the total of the amount of time the DevRoom was opened.

Sad but true, but the devroom always came off as "optional" at first and it was only until several months in did they even confess the game hadn't truly been greenlit, and never made a mention of that fact outside the devroom. So I'm not surprised it took the outright cancellation of the game to make that fact "apparent". Not that I truly believe fan participation was the reason honestly.
    smalltrouble
    smalltrouble
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 36

Post by smalltrouble Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:18 am

I wouldn't be surprised if they un-cancel the game just as a way to get more fans behind the game. Capcom would of made a bad decision to cancel it and then un-cancel it as people's faith in Capcom has went down over these past weeks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 5:42 pm