Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
WhiteBonne
Skybane Zero
Jesse
Adrian2040
8 posters

Suggest a name for the Forum and the Fan Game

Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Suggest a name for the Forum and the Fan Game Empty Suggest a name for the Forum and the Fan Game

Post by Adrian2040 Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:07 pm

Right now the forum is called Blue World and the Fan Game is called Project Legends.
    However, this was thought and done on a second and are placeholders right now.

What should we call the forum and the game?
    Jesse
    Jesse
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Male Posts : 35

Suggest a name for the Forum and the Fan Game Empty Re: Suggest a name for the Forum and the Fan Game

Post by Jesse Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:06 pm

Hmm, I always thought the forum was called Project Legend and the game was Mega Man Legends 3. Razz
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Suggest a name for the Forum and the Fan Game Empty Re: Suggest a name for the Forum and the Fan Game

Post by Adrian2040 Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:42 pm

Jesse wrote:Hmm, I always thought the forum was called Project Legend and the game was Mega Man Legends 3. Razz

What's called Project Legend is... Well, basically the Project Legend thing is a placeholder for the name of the game. Blue World is a placeholder for the name of the logo. And we can't call this game "MegaMan Legends 3" or "MegaMan Legends 3: Prototype Version" due to copyright reasons. (I guess...)
    Skybane Zero
    Skybane Zero
    DASH Writer
    DASH Writer

Male Posts : 206

Post by Skybane Zero Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:52 am

How about something like Megaman Legends III: Revival of a Legacy. Roman numerals wouldn't be considered copyright, would they?
    WhiteBonne
    WhiteBonne
    Official Programmer
    Official Programmer

Post by WhiteBonne Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:24 am

Adrian2040N, Just making a Mega Man game is grounds for them to claim a copyright violation if they cared enough. The only way the name would be a problem was if you tried to file for a copyright for this project (which would be a bad idea)

Thus I suggest.

MegaMan Legends 3: Fan Project

Short and to the point, and just one added word from the title of the game.
    rekka_zan
    rekka_zan
    Official Musician
    Official Musician

Male Posts : 68

Post by rekka_zan Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:19 am

-deleted-
    Lol wrong thread. Sorry about that. By the way, I like "Megaman Legends 3 : Fan Project". It sounds simple, easy to remember, self-explanatory, and very close to the kind of name that definitely will get a lawsuit from Capcom.
    Edich
    Edich
    Lead Writer
    Lead Writer

Male Posts : 420

Post by Edich Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:21 am

I'm with Blue World being the name of the forums but I think we need a better banner. But hey, those things take time.

As for the game name. I'm very fond of using "Legends Never Die" as a suffix, but that's already taken by the mail-in campaign.
    Jesse
    Jesse
    Official Artist
    Official Artist

Male Posts : 35

Post by Jesse Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:10 pm

"Blue World" sounds kinda generic. The reason I like "Project Legends" as the forum name is it's a little more personal. It's our fan project based on Legends 3.

As for the name of the game, I'm liking lots of ideas. I feel we should stick with the name Mega Man Legends 3 and use a clever subtitle like "Fan Project" or "Revival."
    lunargoblin
    lunargoblin
    Normal User
    Normal User

Male Posts : 33

Post by lunargoblin Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:15 am

MegaMan Legends 3: Blue Dreams?
    Nicktendonick
    Nicktendonick
    Official Conceptual Developer
    Official Conceptual Developer

Male Posts : 10

Post by Nicktendonick Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:19 pm

Megaman: Project Legends or Megaman Legends: Blue Dream

I do think that has a nice ring to it. And something we could use as a title drop somewhere. And Project Legends Fourms would work as the fourm name too.

At least, that's what I can come up with ATM.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:32 pm