Project Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
rekka_zan
ONLYUSEmeFEET
Adrian2040
General Specific
HBV-05-E Raiden
Dollow
10 posters

Mega Man Legends 3 Revival Podcast

Poll

Podcasting a good idea?

[ 11 ]
    Mega Man Legends 3 Revival Podcast  I_vote_lcap55%Mega Man Legends 3 Revival Podcast  I_vote_rcap [55%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Mega Man Legends 3 Revival Podcast  I_vote_lcap0%Mega Man Legends 3 Revival Podcast  I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Mega Man Legends 3 Revival Podcast  I_vote_lcap30%Mega Man Legends 3 Revival Podcast  I_vote_rcap [30%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Mega Man Legends 3 Revival Podcast  I_vote_lcap15%Mega Man Legends 3 Revival Podcast  I_vote_rcap [15%] 

Total Votes: 20
    Dollow
    Dollow
    Official Marketing Member

Male Posts : 6

Mega Man Legends 3 Revival Podcast  Empty Mega Man Legends 3 Revival Podcast

Post by Dollow Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:27 pm

I was thinking that a podcast could be one of the best way to promote the site as well as the fan game too.

Nothing is set in stone or in the works yet, but I would like to hear what everyone thinks of the idea, the podcast would be about the site, and Legends as a whole; that way we can keep the memory of Legends alive.

That is what I got so far but I would like to hear everyone's idea about this.

Last edited by Dollow on Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    HBV-05-E Raiden
    Official Writer
    Official Writer

Male Posts : 174

Mega Man Legends 3 Revival Podcast  Empty Re: Mega Man Legends 3 Revival Podcast

Post by HBV-05-E Raiden Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:33 pm

If we can keep in hidden from Capcom's beady little eyes, then sure.
    Dollow
    Dollow

Male Posts : 6

Mega Man Legends 3 Revival Podcast  Empty Re: Mega Man Legends 3 Revival Podcast

Post by Dollow Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:40 pm

HBV-05-E Raiden wrote:If we can keep in hidden from Capcom's beady little eyes, then sure.

Might be hard as I want this to be on iTunes. But I hear what you are saying.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Male Posts : 1059

Post by General Specific Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:31 pm

Project Legends Weekly—sounds good.

I'd love to do it in the form of a speculative, discussion-based podcast, where we basically talk about one or two of the things that made this or that work in Legends, and how they could be improved and refitted for use in a new Legends 3. This would be complemented by a couple other features as well, if we so wish—getting guests from sites like Legends Station, the various MM news and community sites, and perhaps even Greg from CU would be a long-term goal to consider, and would give us greater coverage and reputation.
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Post by Adrian2040 Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:11 pm

Thinking about it, this sounds more professional than video updates. Especially considering that we haven't started mucho work on the game visually, so we don't have much too show in a video.

I'm getting more interested in the idea of a podcast, but we need to devise a better plan on how it's going to be.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:24 pm

We can start showing off test footage once we have some, yes—in the meantime, this is good for buzz and could eventually lead to greater recognition.
    ONLYUSEmeFEET
    ONLYUSEmeFEET
    V.I.P. Developer
    V.I.P. Developer

Male Posts : 32

Post by ONLYUSEmeFEET Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:34 pm

I'd rather have skype calls with the development team to be honest to discuss various aspects of this game. I'm not denying this idea, as getting non-project members involved would be great, but personally, if I had 5 members from the team chatting with me, I'd want to discuss the game. Its a maybe for me.
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:37 pm

We shouldn't try and spill the beans on anything we'd potentially be doing with the game—discussing ideas for how to make Legends 3 an improvement from earlier games, and a true testament to the whole series, is perfectly acceptable for a podcast, lol. We can always talk amongst ourselves, though—we're doing it right now.
    ONLYUSEmeFEET
    ONLYUSEmeFEET
    V.I.P. Developer
    V.I.P. Developer

Male Posts : 32

Post by ONLYUSEmeFEET Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:41 pm

General Specific wrote:We shouldn't try and spill the beans on anything we'd potentially be doing with the game—discussing ideas for how to make Legends 3 an improvement from earlier games, and a true testament to the whole series, is perfectly acceptable for a podcast, lol. We can always talk amongst ourselves, though—we're doing it right now.

True. If a podcast is the best way at getting the community involved, I'm all for it! Only roadbump is that I've been running a podcast for a few months, I put the link to it in every description of my Youtube videos, and getting ~6000 unique views on my channel, and many more from the same people, none of my episodes have gotten over 30 hits. I'm sure, however, we can gain buzz, I'm just saying podcasts are hard to start up. As long as we have the support, I'm all for it.
    rekka_zan
    rekka_zan
    Official Musician
    Official Musician

Male Posts : 68

Post by rekka_zan Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:06 pm

N00b question : what is a podcast?
    ...no, I mean it. I've heard it many times but don't know what it is. Is is some kind of a radio service on the internet?
    General Specific
    General Specific
    Lead Designer
    Lead Designer

Post by General Specific Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:08 pm

They're essentially radio broadcasts done for Internet download‚that, and the name comes from the phenomenon of listening to these broadcasts on people's iPods.
    Edich
    Edich
    Lead Writer
    Lead Writer

Male Posts : 420

Post by Edich Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:11 am

ONLYUSEmeFEET wrote:I'd rather have skype calls with the development team to be honest to discuss various aspects of this game. I'm not denying this idea, as getting non-project members involved would be great, but personally, if I had 5 members from the team chatting with me, I'd want to discuss the game. Its a maybe for me.

As far as this goes. I'd prefer an IRC or an maybe an iScribble server with a main channel and a channel for each development section. Not all of us have are gonna have mics after all.

As for the podcast. It would certainly be a great way to generate buzz and discuss what we're planning on doing in the future, maybe even a good way to recruit and raise our number of members.
    SeeFly
    SeeFly

Male Posts : 11

Post by SeeFly Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:34 pm

Yes, a podcast would be great! But we should consider this when we are further into our marketing scheme. After we have gained a decent fan base over youtube, facebook, blogs etc. is when we should start focusing on directly communicating with fans to get their input... using podcasts, livestreams, etc.

Whenever we start doing these podcasts though, we REALLY need someone engaging and interesting to listen to... I think I just set up a duh moment for myself (slaps head)

Question by the way? I just was made a marketing representative so I'm not completely in the know for project legends. But do we have a facebook yet?
    Adrian2040
    Adrian2040
    Admin and Lead Director
    Admin and Lead Director

Male Posts : 648

Post by Adrian2040 Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:17 pm

SeeFly wrote:Yes, a podcast would be great! But we should consider this when we are further into our marketing scheme. After we have gained a decent fan base over youtube, facebook, blogs etc. is when we should start focusing on directly communicating with fans to get their input... using podcasts, livestreams, etc.

Whenever we start doing these podcasts though, we REALLY need someone engaging and interesting to listen to... I think I just set up a duh moment for myself (slaps head)

Question by the way? I just was made a marketing representative so I'm not completely in the know for project legends. But do we have a facebook yet?

We don't have a Facebook yet.
    Skybane Zero
    Skybane Zero
    DASH Writer
    DASH Writer

Male Posts : 206

Post by Skybane Zero Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:18 pm

This sounds like a good idea. Of course it has to be arranged properly, though.
    Leonel
    Leonel
    Official Multitasking Developer
    Official Multitasking Developer

Male Posts : 68

Post by Leonel Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:06 pm

The revival podcast is great in my opinion, Specific pointed out some cool ideas too. As long as we have content for a weekly podcast it would be awesome.

Edich wrote:
    ONLYUSEmeFEET wrote:I'd rather have skype calls with the development team to be honest to discuss various aspects of this game. I'm not denying this idea, as getting non-project members involved would be great, but personally, if I had 5 members from the team chatting with me, I'd want to discuss the game. Its a maybe for me.

As far as this goes. I'd prefer an IRC or an maybe an iScribble server with a main channel and a channel for each development section. Not all of us have are gonna have mics after all.

As for the podcast. It would certainly be a great way to generate buzz and discuss what we're planning on doing in the future, maybe even a good way to recruit and raise our number of members.
    The best way to coordinate with developers would be use Teamviewer to see each other's desktop and use textchat or voicechat to communicate.
    Amazingly enough you can even let others take control of certain parts of your desktop allowing people to scribble or work remotely on your PC (or the other way around, lock others access to your desktop)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:51 am